Chapter Nineteen.

Avery

Avery: all booked!

Ms. Wilder: Woohoo!

Ms. Wilder: He is going to go CRAZY!

Avery: i hope so! i wouldn't want to miss this for the world!

Ms. Wilder: He's very lucky to have you, Avery. Are you coming over for dinner tonight?

Avery: yes, i'll be over in a half hour!

Ms. Wilder: Great! See you soon love bug (:

I grin as I look up from my phone and to my computer screen, the receipt for my plane ticket to Toronto on display. Finn leaves in two days for the American Hockey League All-Star Game and Competition. And I leave in three to surprise him.

He had mentioned that he wanted me there, but I know that he doesn't expect me to go. Traveling and being a rock star is his life, not mine. I don't go to a city in Canada that's on the other side of the country for the weekend. But I can't miss him being in the All-Stars, especially since it's in his home town. I'm going to be there cheering him on.

I had proposed the idea to Finn's mom, nervous that she would think its too much. But she didn't at all and was on board immediately. I'm very lucky that my boyfriends mom is as amazing as she is.

My mom, however, was a bit more skeptical. She doesn't like the idea of me traveling all by myself. But when I told her how much it would mean to me and Finn and after a lot of convincing, she finally came around. I think it's also because she feels bad about everything that has gone down. She stood over me as I booked my hotel room, really emphasizing that she doesn't want me to stay in a room with Finn. But honestly, I have a feeling he'll be sleeping in my bed this weekend. I hope he is.

Finn is competing in two events, the Breakaway Relay and Fastest Skater. The two things he's best at. He's also playing in the All-Star game, which is just a mashup of all the greats in the league right now. I can't believe my boyfriend is one of them.

I close my laptop and go to my closet, grabbing Finn's sweatshirt to wear. I love wearing his clothes more than anything. I never wore Mason's because he was pretty thin and lanky, and I'm not thin at all. It really made me feel bad about myself, if I'm being honest.

But although Finn is definitely in better shape than Mason, he's so broad and tall that his sweatshirts fit me perfectly. They're only a little baggy, but honestly it's how I would wear my sweatshirts too. I also know he loves when I wear his clothes, so half of me does it to tease him.

I grab my bag and unplug my phone before heading out to my car. I have to really make sure that I don't slip up about the surprise. I tend to word vomit and all I want to do is gush about how excited I am. I definitely should start packing when I get home.

When I get to Finn's, I walk up to his front door and knock before letting myself in. "Hello?"

"Hey, Avery," Morgan calls from the couch, her phone in her hand. She lets out a loud yell. "Finn! Your wife is here!"

I laugh as I shake my head at her. She gives me cheesy smile when I hear his door open upstairs. "Come up here, Aves!"

So much yelling.

I head upstairs and raise my eyebrows at the sight in front of me. It looks like a tornado hit his room.

He has piles of clothes everywhere, both neatly folded and discarded messily. He, however, is nowhere to be found. "Where are you?"