14| FAMILY DINNER

^PRIMROSE^

Primrose was telling me about her latest quarrels with her dad. Apparently she had bought new heels and had planned to wear them to school, but of course, uncle Eros flipped.

"It's too sexy, you're still a baby", she quoted.

I giggled and looked over at my aunt talking to Harper. Everything seemed to be going well, even Elizabeth was behaving.

"Now on to more serious matters: did you kiss him already?", Primrose grabbed into my arm.

When she saw me smile, she let out an excited squeal and I covered her mouth. The others stared at us oddly but turned back to their conversation.

"Tell me everything!", she demanded, pushing my hands off.

I told her everything. How it was the perfect moment and the perfect feeling. How we sat near the fountain and how gorgeous he had looked. I felt like a princess inside a fairytale.

"I want to meet my mate as well", she whined after I finished.

"You will", I promised her and she nodded.

She just turned sixteen, meaning her mate could sense her now and so could she. Sometimes you don't meet him/her directly. It took me three years to find Edward.

"Honey, you have to tell me how things are going between you and Edward?", my aunt called me over.

I blushed as all eyes were set on me. She watched me patiently and I had no idea where to start.

"Very good. I'm lucky to have him as my mate", I smiled.

"Oh, more details! Did you kiss already?!", Primrose demanded.

My cheeks went vibrant red and I had to take a sip of my drink to calm down. His mother was in the room. How was I supposed to speak of things like kissing with her around? Wouldn't it be inappropriate?

"Don't worry about me, sweetheart! You make my son very happy", she assured me.

That made me feel so good. His mother approves of me. It wasn't like I was worried about that, but it assured me in many ways.

"We've kissed", I admitted slowly.

My aunt even lost it like Primrose. They are mostly laughing, because they knew how obsessed I was about my first kiss. I needed to have it with my mate. It was like a dream come true.

Before they could interrogate me further, a maid walked in announcing dinner was to be served. We stood up and walked to the dining room. Primrose kept giving me excited glances and I knew I would have to tell her everything later. I looked forward to it, since it reminded me of old times when he talked about our dreams and future.

Sleepovers were the best with her.

I used to always watch how my aunt and uncle got reunited after being split up for a while. It was always women and men separate in most visits, so when they came back to each other, I found it intriguing.

He laid his arm around her and pulled her close to him. They wouldn't kiss right now, that would be inappropriate, but I knew their love was still as strong as it was in the beginning.

That image always made me long for my mate and now I have Edward, who pulled me in for a hug. It felt nice.

We sat down next to each other and watched show dinner for served. Different delicious plates were brought and the table chatted lightly. It was a pleasant atmosphere.

Thankfully...

Out of my eye corner I sometimes saw poor Zeus, who was seated next to Elizabeth, trying to set some boundaries. But she didn't seem to care. I saw how he was trying to hold himself together.

He didn't like girls flirting with him after he politely rejected them. It wasn't out of arrogance, he wasn't that type of person, but he truly only had eyes for his mate.

So I build up a conversation with him, to save his ass. His eyes told me enough as he was grateful. He told me about Alpha training and uncle Eros sometimes joined in. Mostly complementing Zeus.

I looked around the table to only notice that Hector and Courtney were absent. I leaned closer to Edward and whispered in his ear, asking where they were.

"My mom believes it's inappropriate for your family to meet them", he whispered softly.

"But...",

"I'm sorry, baby. She's was very persistent and Hector confessed that he would probably erupt in rage if he had to sit with her around a table one more time. As for Courtney, she's still with her mother", his hand cupped my face and he pressed a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded softly and turned back to eating. When dessert came around, I leaned back in my seat. I had eaten too much and felt like my stomach would explode any second. Edward laid his arm around me and pulled me closer to me as he chatted with Zeus.

A soft smile crossed my lips and for once in my life I felt like I had a safe future ahead of me. I had forgotten about my psycho father and had hopes for a long life with Edward by my side.