561-565

561. People sometimes touch others with their free hands at times of Handshaking.They can touch the forearm, the elbow, or the back of the other person.Such an invasion of private space means that a person lacks communication.The closer the touch to the torso, the more the person needs company.

562. Crossed arms and legs signal resistance to your ideas. Crossed arms and legs are physical barriers that suggest the other person is not open to what you’re saying. Even if they’re smiling and engaged in a pleasant conversation, their body language tells the story.

563. If you’re talking with someone whose stare is making you squirm—especially if they’re very still and unblinking—something is up and they might be lying you.

564. The phrase “dress for success” isn’t just for job interviews. The clothes you wear can affect your mood, and express the way you feel about yourself. Studies have shown that happy women are more likely to dress up, while depressed women are more likely to go out wearing sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt.

565. Positive body language is easier to fake and control than negative body language. For example, if you are scared or repulsed by something, you may lurch backwards. However, if you want to pretend to be happy or interested in someone, smiling and using open gestures are relatively easier to fake.