Chapter 4 - These Games We Play

"You red leather rocket, 

You little foxy queen, 

Everybody's watching pretty little thing."

Niccolo's POV

Niccolo's POV

Tonight was supposed to be a simple casual, planned out night. Tino and I would come, play some pool, drink some beers, then head home for the bonfire happening on the beach. Simple. Nowhere in the night was I expecting this. Her. Nothing about her is simple. The instant she enters a room, her confidence demands admiration. Everybody has an urge to look at her, at least once. The beauty of it all, she doesn't care if people want to or not, whether they like or hate what they see. She is unapologetically her own person, oozing a captivating presence that subconsciously seduces you. 

Now, here I am struggling to breathe in the stifling atmosphere that is her. I have never met a woman so sure of herself, so alluring to the point of mental paralysis. And that alone is the sexiest thing a woman could embody. This is why I say she is off-limits. It's a dangerous territory to venture into when you don't want to be catching any form of feelings. Where you don't want to be understood by another, you don't want another to read you or discern the real you. 

Tino handed me a beer, which I immediately took a long swig from. He mumbled something about breaking, I was too preoccupied to care. I watched as she spoke with my sister, Elena whispering in her ear ever so often. They would chuckle before taking sips of their ciders. Her long dark hair was loose with full-bodied and bouncy waves. She had a pair of black and white abstract patterned pants, a white strapless crop top which was finished off with a black snake patterned sleeveless leather jacket. At the moment, she sat on one of the bar stools, her legs open with her boots balancing on each side stretcher of the stool. She had her hands resting flat in between her legs, swaying ever so slightly back and forth. She looked up, catching me staring at her and proceeded to confidently hold my gaze. 

I'm unsure of how long we were like this before I tore my eyes from her as I noticed Camila walking into the bar, heading towards us

I'm unsure of how long we were like this before I tore my eyes from her as I noticed Camila walking into the bar, heading towards us. She hugged the girls, greeting us from where they stood. They huddled in a triangle form, holding a secretive conversation. I heard the knocking of balls hitting each other, as well as the sides of the pool table. This caught my attention and I composed myself before standing, pool stick in hand.