~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓞𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Forty-One: The letters that never arrived

Hi, Harry, Two weeks into summer, I hope you're having a good time so far and that your aunt and uncle are alright

Hi, Harry,
Two weeks into summer, I hope you're having a good time so far and that your aunt and uncle are alright. I was thinking if you wanted to we could meet up later in the holidays but only if you wanted to of course. I'll write again soon.
Lots Lina.

***
Hi Harry,
Hope you're well, three weeks into summer now and I feel like I haven't had a moments rest - warning as you get older the amount of homework you get over the summer significantly increases - and that's without the time I've spent with my friends, mainly Danny and Cedric, Lucy's gone on holiday and won't be back until a couple of days before the start of term.
I'm getting a bit worried you're not replying but my cousin said there's nothing to worry about, that you're probably so busy you haven't had a chance to write yet.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Love Lina.

***
Harry,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Attached to this letter are a birthday card and a present, you haven't replied to any of my letters yet, is everything alright? I'm sure it is and I'm worrying about nothing. Anyway, have a great birthday, speak to you soon,
Love Lina.

***
A month! A month! Harry, it's officially been a month, no reply no nothing, I'm getting very worried and I'm not the only one Ron is as well he wrote to me asking if I've heard from you because you haven't been replying to him either.
What's going on? I'm giving you one more week before I come to your house to make sure everything is alright.
Lina.

***
Dear Lina,
I am so sorry for not replying and worrying you, I just read all your letters. Thank you for the birthday card and box of sweets from Honeydukes.
The reason I didn't reply was that I never got your letters or Ron's, a house-elf was keeping my letters hoping that I wouldn't return to Hogwarts if I thought no one cared and then he got me in trouble with my aunt and uncle. He then kept saying how there was this plot for Hogwarts this year but every time I asked him who was behind it he started banging his head against the wall.
Fred and George think it was a joke or something like that, they have a point and I'm thinking it was Malfoy. You don't know if he has a house-elf do you?
Oh, and before I forget Fred, George and Ron rescued me from privet drive in a flying car, pretty cool even by magic standards. I'm staying with them now for the rest of the holidays and we're going to Diagon Alley on Wednesday to get our school things, I hope you can come then as well it'll be nice to see you.
Anyway hope you are well, speak to you soon.
Harry.

Lina sighed in relief upon reading Harry's letter, Harry was alright and safe. She picked up the second letter that had been delivered to her that day.

Lina! Lina! Lina! You will never guess what just happened. Along with my Hogwarts letter (side note why is all our books written by Gilderoy Lockhart) was another letter, I've been made prefect and quidditch captain! Seriously can you believe it?
I'm going down to Diagon Alley on Wednesday to get my books, since Lucy's still on holiday and Danny's already got his do you want to meet up and get them together.
Cedric.
P.S  there's something I need to talk to you about.

***
Hi Harry,
Thank Merlin you're alright. To answer your question yes from what I've heard the Malfoy family does have a house-elf although I've never met him.
I'm glad your at the Weasley's for the rest of summer, I always have the best of times there and I'm sure you will as well.
Next Wednesday is perfect for me, after your letter I got one from Cedric asking if I was going to Diagon Alley that Wednesday as well, it'll be great to see you finally and everyone else.
Can't wait to see you say hello to everyone for me.
Love Lina.

***
Hey Ced,
Oh my, Merlin, that's amazing, prefect and quidditch captain I'm barely going to see you this year! Although you being prefect could work in our favour.
Good news for you I will be going to Diagon Alley on Wednesday so whatever it is you need to ask me we can do it over a pumpkin juice.
See you next week prefect.
Love Lina