- power & responsibility -

ya'll! sorry i like went radio silence for a while lol

PLEASE LIKE AND VOTE

COMMENT ANY SCENES/ONE-SHOTS YOU'D LIKE

also if i wrote like a Loki daughter or Charles Xavier or like tony stark would you guys read it? (Or even Thor tbh any marvel x daughter)

SOMETIMES EVEN HEROES NEED TO ADMIT DEFEAT.

Sometimes things are too hard and too painful, and people, powers or not, are too weak to handle them. Admitting that there are limits is a strength - knowing yourself well enough to acknowledge your limits is a strength.

And Peter knew all that, but it didn't make him feel better.

Three days since he's woken up, and nothing changed, nothing happened- there was no miraculous recovery that sped up the whole healing process after being shot. There was no change in the way Mr.Stark hated to look him in the eyes or the way Dr.Banner was super gentle with everything.

Nothing was happening, and it was really starting to make Peter anxious.

When nothing happens in a hero's life, that's not really a good sign - it usually means that something is coming. And when something is coming, heroes need to train.

But Peter couldn't train. He was shot with this stupid slow-reaction virus or whatever mutant shit it was, and it was like fighting off the flu - there's nothing to stop it. You can't kill it, it's not a bacteria.

So virus-infected Peter Parker was getting anxious, and there was only one good thing about the whole stupid getting-shot situation - and that was Elenora.

Maybe Steve and Bucky felt bad or something, or maybe Elenora was just really stubborn, but they were by each other's side 18 hours a day - only 6 hours away from each other.

(And Elenora has even tried to talk her dads out of those six hours - it didn't work. Something about "together", "Peter", and "sleep" just didn't click with them.)

But the other 18 hours, Elenora was there. Sure, others had come to visit and whatever, but Elenora - she was there every step of the way. When Bruce gave Peter medication when he puked up the nasty results of the virus, and even when Aunt May talked to Peter about staying there a couple more days.

"Dr.Banner says that even though the fevers are gone, it could come back. I know you want to come home, and you will, soon. But not yet."

So as great as it was seeing Elenora every second of the day and watching her sneak in cherry pies and cold cut sandwiches, Peter needed something to happen. He needed it to be yet.

And like always, Elenora delivered - at 10:43 PM, she raced into the guest bedroom Peter was staying in, and slammed the door behind her.

Peter watched her blue eyes dart around the room before she started speaking in an aggressive harsh whisper.