|43| ~The Summons~

Unedited.
Cyrus POV.

Embry has finally settled down just after midnight. Claire's little episode really spooked her. She was extremely worried about Claire, and also very confused about the connection she felt with Claire.

"I really like Claire," says Embry in between her fit of hiccups... "Of course, I don't want anything to happen to her but losing Claire scares the crap out of me," she confesses while looking at me with sorrowful eyes.

We are currently laying in the bed inside my private chambers. Everyone has been long gone, Xander and Vlad are currently working with Claire and Marcellus... Well, who gives a fuck about where Marcellus is? Right now, Embry is my number one priority. She is all that matters.

I plant a gentle but firm kiss down onto her forehead and begin to stroke my fingers throughout her silky soft hair. "It's the bond, sunshine," I whisper inside her ear. I can't believe that Embry and Claire have formed the bond of sisterhood so quickly but based upon Claire's protective nature towards Embry and how emotionally involved Embry is concerning Claire. That appears to be the case.

Embry gives me a wary look. I know that she doesn't understand and that is completely understandable. Shit, I don't even understand why the two girls are demonstrating signs of forming the sister bond myself. Due to Claire being the beloved of Nicklaus and Embry being my beloved the two of them will grow to share a bond similar to the bond that Nicklaus and I share.

All the other Kings' beloveds will also feel that bond. That is if they are ever discovered and claimed by one of my brothers. We shall all be connected and feel the need to protect one another. It's a side effect of the ritual and the oath that my brothers and I performed so many centuries ago. The only strange thing about Claire and Embry's actions is that neither one of them has been accepted into the brotherhood bond. In addition to that, Embry hasn't been claimed.

In order to be completely bonded to one another, they both have to be claimed by a King. Plus, my brothers and I have to pledge our loyalty to them, which didn't happen. I mean Nicklaus claimed Claire but I didn't claim Embry and hell would most likely have to freeze over before either one of my brothers would pledge their loyalty to either one of our beloveds. Not that it matters to me. Nothing would ever happen to Claire or Embry as long as I have breath in my body.

In conclusion to it all, I'm just as confused as Embry is with what the two girls are experiencing. Nicklaus is almost here. I'll discuss it with him once he gets settled in. Maybe he will have some insight. Into that happens I need to make sure that Embry is taken care of. I have a meeting with the others at sunrise. Count Cloven is here, which means that he has abandoned his post. When shit like that happens it is never for good reason. Something is wrong and I need to make sure all of my focus is placed on providing a solution.

With all that being said I need to make sure that my beautiful beloved is out of harm's way.

"Don't worry about Claire, everything will be alright," I advise before placing another kiss down onto her forehead. "We shall talk more tomorrow. Right now, I need you to get some sleep." I compel and just like that her eyes flutter shut.

I've never been so grateful about my power to compel other supernaturals into this moment. I'm also even more grateful that Embry's wolf mental barrier is down. I can't take my beloved tears, seeing her in pain makes my heart hurt. She's way too pretty to cry.

I continue to watch Embry sleep for a little while longer. I'm laying quietly beside her, with my arms wrapped around her tiny frame just thinking. I'm content with just watching her sleep and just touching her ivory soft skin. It's official, I have officially fallen for her.