Peter's Field Trip & More (Climbergirlio)

Word Count- 14,752

Chapter One- The Beginning

Peter's day had started out great. Well, that wasn't exactly true. His day had started out slightly better than average. He woke up late, as usual, and grabbed breakfast on the run. Thankfully, there hadn't been much traffic driving in from upstate that morning, and he had time to grab a sandwich from Delmar's for lunch. Since he had started living at the compound nearly full-time, Peter had less opportunities to visit the shop.

He had first started sleeping over at the compound in the aftermath of the events on Titan. It helped both his and Mr. Stark's PTSD if the other was nearby. It also was greatly beneficial for Peter as he could train in the compound's immense gym, or with the rest of the Avengers, who had all been pardoned in the wake of Thanos. Over time, what was supposed to be a month at the compound turned to two and then three and now it had been eight and Tony and Pepper had legal custody of him. At first, Peter had felt guilty about about abandoning May, and May had felt guilty about not being able to be there for Peter, but as time went on Peter realized that May was able to work less and take more time for herself without having to worry about him (she even got a boyfriend!), and May realized Peter could cope better and get more access to what he needed. They both still were there for each other, and every Sunday Peter would either visit her or she would come to him. This arrangement was also safer for May. In the event that people found out he was Spiderman, she would be less of a target. 

Peter still attended Midtown, despite the long commute, which was the very reason that his day had turned from better than average to horrible. School in itself wasn't so bad, despite Flash's best attempts to ruin it for him. No, it was the fact that his school had been granted an exclusive trip to the Avenger's Compound for being the top high school in New York. Every year, the Avenger's Compound was opened to twenty lucky students from the top high school, and this year it was Midtown. And since only twenty students were allowed on the trip, the twenty highest scoring students on the test that placed Midtown as the number one high school were awarded the spots on the trip. Peter, who had placed first, was one of those students.

Enter the reason his life was ending. He was going on a field trip to his house. The place he lived and worked and trained and ate and slept and where the Avengers, his weird super family, lived and worked and trained and ate and slept. The same family who would try to embarrass him at any given opportunity and who were fiercely protective of him. Which brought him to the next reason this was a disaster on all accounts, Flash had been the twentieth student to qualify for the field trip. The same Flash who tried to belittle Peter at every possible opportunity would be in the same building as Peter's crazy protective super family. There was no way this field trip was going to end well for anyone involved.

After school ended, Peter patrolled around Queens for a good couple of hours. Just because he didn't live there anymore didn't mean he could just abandon it. Queens was still where he was from and he was still going to be the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Moving upstate hadn't changed that. He stayed out a little longer than usual because he was trying to avoid going home. The sooner he went home, the sooner his family was going to find out about the trip, and the more time they'd have to work out their plan to embarrass him. He didn't want that to happen, so he stayed out as long as he could. It was a Friday, so he usually was allowed out later anyways.

After receiving a phone call from Tony telling him that if he didn't come home soon, he wasn't going to get to eat dinner, Peter jumped in his car. Well, calling it his car might be a bit of a stretch. It was technically Tony's car, but Tony had specialized it for him. Karen, Peter's AI, could drive the car and also act as his companion and assistant. It was nice to have Karen there for the somewhat long commute to school and back Peter had to do every day. Peter having an automated car also made Happy a lot happier, as he no longer had to drop Peter off and then pick him up again. It saved the man a fair amount of driving. It also gave Peter a lot more freedom. Basically, it was a situation where everyone won.