Chapter 5 - Lenny

Live boxing matches are fucking insane.

The crowd is always overcharged with adrenaline and there's almost an animalistic vibe in the air. Deafening cheers and wild screams pierce the arena, making it crackle with energy. That very energy somehow passes into you until you're vibrating with it, catching the adrenaline around you like it's contagious and becoming intoxicated. You have no choice but to scream along with the crowd and it's no wonder the whole place is buzzing with wild abandon. Nobody is safe from the absolute hype you feel being surrounded by the thousands of spectators more than ready to watch a couple of fighters duke it out in the ring.

Tonight's fighters? Asher and his opponent, Vic Walker.

"You've got this, Ashes!" Aria screams beside me in her seat, already leaning forward and on edge.

The match is about to start and Asher and his opponent are circling each other, in the middle of an intense stare down. Asher is always a serious dude but in the ring he's almost ruthlessly cold. I've got to admit he's a scary fucker when he wants to be and I think his opponent feels the same way because I can see the nerves on his face. We have fan-fucking-tastic seats for the match and we're close enough to catch every bit of the action. That's one of the perks of being part of the fighter's personal crew. That and the free food. God, this rocks.

"I could get used to this life." I mumble seriously through a mouthful of popcorn.

Aria chews nervously on her finger and pauses to glance over at me. "It's all fun and games until it's the man you love that's in the ring. You don't ever get used to watching him get hurt."

"He'll be fine." I wrap an arm around her. "He's badass when he fights."

Which is true as hell. All of the Fighter's Den boxers are crazy talented and Asher is no exception. More than that, he always struck me as the one made for this life compared to the other four. The man is totally in his element when he fights. This is what he's most passionate about, without a doubt.

"Of course he'll be fine." She starts chewing on her her finger again and I have to smack her hand away. "But he's still going to get hurt. I can't stand seeing that."

I try to see it from her perspective. I guess it would suck seeing someone I love be a human punching bag and ending up all bloodied and bruised. Truthfully, if it was my man in the ring I'm pretty sure I'd get in there myself and kick whoever's ass I needed to something fierce. Good thing this isn't the life for me. I'm fine just being a spectator.

"Look at it this way—if he wins, you're going to get hella orgasms tonight."

From what I've heard, boxers get super horny after winning a match. All the positive adrenaline needs an outlet and the best cure is fucking someone's brain out, or so I've been told.

That gets a little smirk from Aria. "Excellent point."

Then the whistle rings to start the match and the both of us instantly sober up. We sit upright in our seats as the fighting commences with Asher throwing the first punch. It hits Walker right in the jaw and he staggers back. Asher is on him in a flash, throwing another body punch that causes Walker to lurch over and a left cross that splits his lip, blood dripping on to the canvas. There's a collective "ooh" at the sight of it from the audience.

"Strong start from Pryce. He has his eyes set on the win." The judge booms into the mic, amping up the audience.

"Let's go, Ash!" I yell around cupped hands.

"Get him, baby!" Aria smacks the handles of her seat.

Everything becomes a blur of punches after that. Asher may have started off strong but Walker retaliates once he gets it together and he's good. The two throw punches hard enough that I can hear the force behind them from here in the first row. Knuckles meeting skin, grunts of pain, cursing and spitting all ensue as round after round takes place. The crowd becomes anxious when it seems like Asher and his opponent are tied for points, the two of them fighting on the same level.