Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

|10|

"Eve."

I sat up in bed, my eyes trailing over to the door where a figure stood, hidden in the shadow. It wasn't difficult for me to know who it was, being in the same room as him made me heat up.

"Alpha Stone," I breathed, as he took determined steps towards me. My heart pounded loudly in my chest, like a feral animal caged. My chest heaved in anticipation as he reached me, his height meaning he towered over me, his eyes ablaze with lust.

"I need you," he stated; his fingers danced around my face, pushing strands of my raven hair behind my ears. I gasped in surprise as he leaned down and lifted me into the air, my legs wrapping around his torso instinctually.

His hot breath fanned over me as he leaned in, his lips only inches away from mine.

Desire surged through me and I breathed in his woodsy scent, so intoxicating that I found it hard to breathe. I reached up and grabbed his hair, tugging it slightly.

His eyes narrowed and his breathing fastened. He leaned in and I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to touch mine.

"Eve"

"Eve."

"EVE!!"

I shot out of my bed in shock as someone's hands tightened around my shoulders, their fingers digging in.

"What the hell!" I yelled in shock, my chest rising and falling rapidly as I panted like I had ran a marathon.

"That exactly what I should be saying to you," Kate yelled back, her eyes wide as she watched me struggle to catch a breath.

"I've been trying to wake you up for the last fifteen minutes," she explained while I ran my hand through my hair, damp with sweat.

I caught her eyes as I took a seat back on my bed. What the hell was that dream about?

My cheeks reddened with embarrassment as my thoughts flicked back to my dream. I can't believe I had a dream about Alpha Stone, especially one like that. How could I have had such a dream about the man who was keeping me hostage?

"-clearly you were having some kind of sexy dream."

My eyes shot up to meet Kate. "No what-no I, it wasn't a sexy dream!" I exclaim back. My response only makes Kate burst out laughing.

"Oh shit!" she screams. "You were having a sexy dream."

My head falls into my hands and I try to block out Kate's screeching from beside me. I was mortified. How could I have even considered Alpha Stone in that way?

Kate plops down beside me on the bed, a smirk still etched onto her face.

"You alright?" Kate asks when I suddenly start to breathe heavily. My skin was on flames and it felt like my insides were boiling.

"I'm fine," I say, swatting Kate's hand away from my forehead. Mortified at this whole situation and perhaps a little hot but I was fine otherwise.

"Oh hell no you're not fine," Kate says, her voice worried, "you're burning up, Eve."

I stand up, creating some space between myself and Kate. I ignored how it felt like millions of hot needles were pricking my skin.

"I don't think you noticed, Kate. But there is no window in this bloody room, hence no ventilation. That's why I'm burning up," I explain and for a second I not only convince Kate but also myself.

icon lock

Show your support for Rose George, and continue reading this story

by Rose George
@Rose_George
As a weak and powerless human, Eve was never meant to survive. Throug...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 41 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @Rose_George.