Chapter 26

F A R A H

Aunt Khadija is getting better she got discharged and will take rest at home. She insists she won't stay in the hospital for more than 5days and to be honest, I also hate hospitals especially the food, it's as if they cook the food without any seasonings.

"Farah please can you help me with those papers on top of the drawer," Jawad said pointing to the top drawer while working on his laptop. I did as I was told giving him the papers something I didn't expect happened. He pulled me to him my hands landing on his chest. I could feel my heart beating fast and I know he heard it too by the amusement look on his face. He inches his face forward, I can literally feel his breathing, I closed my eyes ready for whatever he's about to do to me when I feel nothing. Opening my eyes he was watching me too with a slight smirk on his face.

"Something fell on your hijab." He stated.

Ya Allah, what am I thinking?

"Uhm... Uh. I need to go." My voice came out hoarsely. He furrowed his brows widening his smirk.

"Wait... What are you thinking?" He asked.

to tell you that I thought you're going to...

"Nothing... I need to check on Mom" I said disappearing from the room, I heard his laugh from the room.

I'm embarrassed what did I think he's going to do?

Gosh thinking about it, is making me cringe.

"What are you doing here standing quietly." Hearing her voice, I almost jumped. My heart skipping a beat.

"Oh.. you scared me, Myrah."

You need to calm down Farah.

Yeah calm down

She watched me curiously. Myrah sure knows how to read someone's face. "I was about to go to your room," I said sheepishly, trying to compose myself so that she wouldn't notice my flushed face.

"I was also looking for you we need to go shopping for my baby." Hearing her said shopping made me retired back. I remembered the time we went shopping together when I couldn't feel my legs again after coming back.

"No count me out," I said moving back a little.

"Come on Farah, Jawad and Khalid are also going."

Wait for what?

"I don't think it's a good idea going shopping with the men," I stated.

"What do you mean, they're going to pick some things for the baby, of course, it's a good idea."

I will have to meet Jawad again.

Ya Allah why did today have to turn like this.

The drive to the shopping mall was not in silence, as Myrah and Khalid couldn't keep their mouth shut. All the while, my head was turned towards the window, I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I can't get earlier event out of my head, I could feel his gaze on me but I pretended not to notice.

***
"Nah I don't like it, it's too plain," Myrah explain. I swear I'm done. We've spent almost one hour in just one section. "Let's check out the other section for babies shoes." Maybe she will change her mind.

"Okay, where are the men?" Talking of the men, I've been avoiding eye contact with Jawad ever since and he knows it, he's been trying to get my attention but every time I looked his way, the event of earlier flashed in my head.

"What are you thinking?" I almost dropped the shoes in my hands hearing his voice.

"Uhm... Nothing, take a look at these shoes." He eyed it up and down before taking the shoes from my hands, touching my hands on the way.

Calm down I told myself.

"I like the design but I don't like the color let's check other ones."

"You check, I will just go the other section." I almost stuttered.

Seriously What's wrong with you Farah.

Without waiting for his response, I ran off.  I don't even know where I was going, I just need to get away from him as far as possible. Taking a seat, I inhale a sharp breath to calm my beating heart.

"Oh my God Farah is that you." I heard an unfamiliar voice said from behind. Turning around my eyes sparkle in surprise.

"Austin! What a pleasant surprise."

"Yes Farah it's a pleasure meeting you, it's been a while." He said with his cocky smile.

"Yeah, it's been a long time, how are you doing?" I asked Austin is my classmate back in college, even though he's a non-Muslim we still get along as he helps me a lot with my studies.

"I'm doing just fine, living my simple life."

**

"So you're telling me you resigned from that company, I thought it's your dream to work in that company."

"I can't take the shit of the Director so I had to resign anyway how's your life? Are you married?" I know the question had to come sooner or later.

"Ye-"

"Yes she's married you have a problem with that." a voice said from behind us. I don't have to be told who it was, I know his voice.

"She's married and I'm her husband." He pulled me towards him possessively, taking a hold of my hand.

How was the chapter?

Do you like possessive Jawad?

And what do you think about the new guy? *spoiler alert*😉

This chapter is short please bear with me🙏

Don't forget to vote and comment down your thoughts.

See you next time 🤗

••