Chapter 9

Manik was so engrossed in his candy crush that he didn't realized Nandini coming Inside with fruits and juice tray.

She didn't knocked and just pushed the door with her leg since she was holding the tray.

Nandini: Manik

Manik again stopped and looked at her starled.

Manik: What!?

Nandini: (showing the tray) you were hungry na?

Manik: Oh yeah..

She kept the tray on the table and was about to walk back when he held her wrist making her fall on his lap.

Nandini: (surprised) Manik, What are you doing?
.
Manik: Nothing (giving her the mobile) just ten moves are left. I am not able to complete this level. Please

Nandini looked at the mobile and at him before taking it while Manik picked up the fruits plate.

Nandini started playing and didn't realized she is sitting on his lap while Manik. He was enjoying fruits while staring at her.

Manik: (while eating) So you know how to play?

Nandini: Yeah Bhaiyu used to play..(stopped in between)

Manik: (smile) Wow...I mean doctors also know how to play

Nandini: Are you insulting my profession?

Manik: Well I am not. I respect you and your work, okay?

He asked softly and she nodded in return.

She than concentrated on his game while he on her.

Manik: Can I ask you something?

Nandini: Hmm

Manik: (irritated) Nandini?

Nandini: Hmmm

Manik: (stern) Nandini!

Nandini looked at him and seeing his stern face she became scared.

Nandini:(looking down) I am sorry.

Manik: When you talk I listen to you with full concentration. So I expect the same from you Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra

Nandini nodded her head to which he smiled. She stared at him and was really confused. Who would say that he was the same person who was fumbling infront of her half an hour back.

Soon enough Nandini completed the level and handed him his mobile to which he smiled muttering a small thanks.

Nandini: It is okay. (looking at the empty tray) Do you need anything else?

Manik: Yes. I am getting bore. Ask Maa to give me some work.

Nandini: Maa said you can't do any work.

Manik: (making a bad face) Not fair! But she is letting you work. This is seriously wrong.

Nandini: I am not working. She just told me to see if you need anything.

Manik nodded in acknowledgement and kept silent. He saw her duppata lying on his lap and taking it he silently started wrapping it around his fingers. Nandini was noticing his actions and she found him cute.

They both had nothing to say. It was now turning awkward and suddenly Nandini realized that she is still sitting on his lap. She hurriedly stood up and in this her duppata slipped from his hands. He found it irritating and looked at her.

Nandini: Sorry!

Manik: It is okay.

Nandini: So