Part 49

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE – NIGHT

LUCY runs into the room, breathless. Lucy has the rose clutched in her hand DARCY is on a make shift bed on the floor made of blankets. A cup filled with water and a brown bag are set on a chair near Darcy in case he wakes up. RANDI is woken up by the commotion.

RANDI CONT'D: What's going on?

LUCY: I need to see Darcy.

RANDI: Why?

LUCY: I got something to help him.

RANDI: What?

LUCY: Keep quiet, it's a process.

RANDI (confused): Okay?

Lucy approaches Darcy and she lays the rose on his body.

LUCY CONT'D: I can't believe he's gone.

RANDI: Gone? He's right there.

Lucy shushes him.

LUCY CONT'D: He left us. He left for the other world. It's so cruel that this happened. If only he stayed with us.

The rose melts into a red liquid and it drips own Darcy's body. The red liquid forms a star shape for a second before it disappears. Darcy's skin glows red for a split second before it stops. Randi is staring at Darcy in fear and Lucy is watching Darcy in anticipation. Darcy takes a deep breath and his eyes slowly open.

LUCY CONT'D: Oh my god, it worked.

RANDI: What did you do?

LUCY: I healed him.

RANDI: That looked cultish to me.

LUCY: This whole world is pretty cultish honestly, I don't think it's a big deal.

RANDI: You don't know what you're fucking with. It doesn't seem safe at all. He turned red. Red!

LUCY: And he's alive.

RANDI: He could be a fucking zombie now.

LUCY: He's not a zombie.

RANDI: How do you know?

LUCY: I just do.

Darcy watch the two bicker and stays silent.

RANDI CONT'D: That isn't a good reason.

LUCY: Why don't you check on him yourself?

RANDI: You think I want to be near a cult zombie?

LUCY: Oh my– You know what. Fine. I'll check on him. I was planning to see if his mark changed too.

Darcy has a nervous look and gives a small cough.

DARCY CONT'D: Uh, my mark?

LUCY: Yes. Checking it to see if anything changed would be nice. We have to check if there's more research that needs to be done.

DARCY: Uh...

RANDI: What happened? Are you feeling alright? Do you want to eat my brain?

LUCY: For God's sake. Randi, can you just shut up for once?

RANDI: Hey. I am concerned for the safety of me and me only. If you got bitten by a cult zombie that means I have to deal with two of you and my chances of surviving would decrease by a crap ton.

LUCY: He's not a cult zombie! He got a healing medicine and he got cured!

RANDI: No. You did a necromancy and the room lit up all red and evil! If that wasn't necromancy, I don't know what was!

LUCY: Tell Randi you're not a god damn zombie.

Darcy opens his mouth but is interrupted by Randi.

RANDI CONT'D: What kind of zombie would tell the truth about being a zombie? Of course, he would say he isn't a zombie!

Darcy awkwardly sits and he sees the items on the chair nearby. He picks up the cup and the bag. He takes a swig from the cup with one hand while the other hand digs into the bag to pull out a meat pie. He quickly takes a big bite from the pie before taking another swig from the cup.

LUCY CONT'D: What will convince you he's not a zombie then?

RANDI: Uh... seeing him enjoy human food.

LUCY: Okay, we can do that. He's been in a coma for a good chunk of the day.

RANDI: Erle set food beside him in case he got hungry!

LUCY: He's eating it right now if you haven't checked.

RANDI: Well, I guess he's not a zombie!

LUCY: Oh my god, can we just check his mark now?

RANDI: I don't know, I still don't trust this.

LUCY: Oh come on, how–

DARCY (squeaks): I never had a mark!

Randi and Lucy whip their heads to Darcy in shock.

RANDI CONT'D: What?

LUCY: What?

DARCY (nervous): Uh... what?