5

"It's nice to meet you Nik," Luna said

"It's nice to meet you Nik," Luna said. She smiled at him and he swore that it was one of the most beautiful sights that he had ever seen. He chose to keep this image in his mind, and he would draw it later.

"So, are you new to the town?" Luna asked. She didn't want to overstep her boundaries, and because of that she decided to ramble,

"It's just because I've been in this town for a very long time and I've never met you, that's why I thought you were new to Mystic Falls. Not like I meant to invade your privacy or something it's okay if you don't want to tell me,"

Luna continued to ramble. Klaus laughed himself, and replied,

"I used to live here, but it has been ages since I have come back," Klaus stated. He again laughed to himself at the joke he made, even if Luna would not understand it.  As expected, Luna wore a look of confusion at how Klaus was laughing to himself over a simple sentence. Though, Luna had decided to shrug it off. 

"Luna, so what are you doing here?" Klaus asked. Luna looked down at the book that she was writing in, she was writing about the odd dream that she had that included a black wolf. 

The book in her served the purpose of being a place where she could tell anything that she wanted to talk about. It was almost like having someone to confide in, where Luna was lacking in that area.

"I'm just writing to myself. I like to keep a journal for my thoughts," Luna replied while closing her journal. She did not want someone to peek through the journal and see what she was writing. 

"It allows me to be myself," Luna finished. That was when she looked back at Klaus, to see him intently looking at Luna. 

Klaus, on the other hand, understood where Luna was coming from, it was like him with his paintings. His passion for painting allowed him to express himself, and it gave him time to think and feel at peace. Though, that role might be given to one person, Luna. 

"I understand that," Klaus replied. 

Luna heard what he had said and smiled to herself. She had no idea whether to believe what he said, she didn't know if he was being truthful or not.

When she looked towards Klaus, all she saw was sincerity, so she chose to believe him. Then, in an instant, Klaus remembered why he came to the Mystic Falls grill in the first place. He did not want to leave Luna's presence, he wanted to spend forever with her. Then, he looked around and saw a bush of roses growing.

He suddenly got an idea, rushing over to the flowers and plucking one. Luna assumed that he left and was going to open her journal and continue writing, but she then noticed that he was coming back, a single rose in his hand. 

"I have to leave, but we will continue talking. That is a promise," Klaus stated. 

He then gave her the rose, Luna sitting in shock with her eyes wide open. He then grabbed her unoccupied hand, giving her a kiss on it while maintaining eye contact with her. Then, just before Luna was going to rid herself of the shock she was feeling, Klaus turned around and walked inside the grill, leaving Luna sitting on a bench.