Chapter- 3

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Morning arose,
Naira was feeling much better. The pain had reduced but still she was unable to walk.

Swarna came to her and said, "Good morning beta.. How are you feeling now?"

"Fina maa.." she said.

Swarna looked around the room and understood that Kartik had already left for office.

"He left?" asked Swarna.

"Hmm" Naira nodded.

"He has asked me to take you to the hospital for X-ray." said Swarna.

"Okay maa. I will get ready in sometime.." said Naira.

"I know you are feeling bad" said Swarna.

"No maa. I am fine." said Naira and Swarna cupped her face. Naira looked up at her.

"Kartik should be there with you at this time. He should have take you to the hospital. I know you are feeling bad about it." said Swarna understanding her state.

Naira broke down into tears and Swarna hugged her immediately.

"No beta. Don't cry" Swarna caressed her head.

"I don't know maa. Why he behaves like this with me? I don't know what wrong did I do! Why is he doing this to me? He doesn't even talk to me properly maa.. He don't allow me to touch his things or do anything for him. What wrong I have done?" Naira cried hugging Swarna.

"He doesn't like me maa.. I know." said Naira breaking the hug.

"Nothing like this Naira! Please don't misunderstand" said Swarna.

"No maa. One month passed but we.. We haven't shared time with each other. He doesn't even talk to me. We live like strangers. What should I do maa?" Naira cried.

"First stop crying beta.. And there's nothing like this" Swarna said wiping her tears.

"Maa, tell me. Did you or papa forced Kartik to marry me?" asked Naira.

"No beta. Obviously not. No one has forced Kartik for this marriage. Please beta don't think like this" said Swarna.

"Then why does he behave like this maa? I am not a part of his life. I am nothing for him. He comes late at home, he doesn't like me doing anything for him, he doesn't give me time, He treats me like I am no one in his life. I am nothing to him. I don't exist for him. What should i do now?" Naira cried.

"Give him sometime Naira. Show your affection to him. Dekhna, he will definitely change" said Swarna.

"Kartik is a tough person. It's very hard to understand him. He doesn't emote his feelings. He doesn't like talking to people much, doesn't socialise much.. He is an introvert kind of person. But he is not bad at heart. Just give him sometime Naira. Everything will be fine soon beta.." Swarna said and kissed her forhead.

Naira was bit relieved.

Later Swarna took her to the doctor. Doctor said the crack is minor and will be fine soon. He also advised her a complete bed rest for at least 10 days.

Swarna helped Naira till her room. Naira had lunch followed by her medicines and fall asleep in sometime.

Swarna told everything to Manish.

"I want you home in next 1 hour.." Manish texted Kartik.

"What happened Dad?" replied Kartik.

"I want you home that's it. You will come to know once you are home!" said Manish.