Chapter 46

"Ace?", He blinks rolling his tongue on the roof of his mouth trying to hold back the tears that are brimming.

"That was ugh..my ma...they said Bradly is..uhm...", He clears his throat, "MIA", a tear escapes running down his cheek but he wipes it away immediately. 

"Oh my god, Ace", I try pulling him in for a hug but he shoves me off.

"I don't want sympathy okay...I don't want pity. Just promise me you'll look after yourself", His voice cracks again.

"I promise", I nod feeling a lump form in my throat. He nods his head turning his heels disappearing into the bedroom. I turn the tap off to the bathtub before running after him.

When I enter the room he is packing a bag throwing his clothes in and not folding them,  "I want to come", I tell him. I want to be there for him, for his family like I normally would be.

"I don't think that's a good idea", he continues to ram clothes into a bag, I cringe because it's not folded neatly but It's not important right now.

"Why?", I question.

"I can't have you there with me but so far from me", He admits, "I think I need to be alone with my family right now"

"Bu-", he cuts me off.

"Please Camila, I just can't do it", he looks my way with glossy eyes, I swallow the lump down that formed. The front door slams shut and Asher appears at the bedroom door.

 "Shit, who died?", He looks between the both of us trying to make a joke.

I glare at him to say this isn't a joke, "Ace, you okay man?", Asher asks sitting on the bed.

"Bradly is MIA so I need to go home", He rushes his sentence not looking at Ash. 

"Shit man, I'll come?",  Ash asks.

"No, I think I want to be alone with my ma and George", His eyes flicker to me, "Plus, you need to watch out for Camila", He forces a smile my way.

Asher looks at me with saddened eyes, "We'll both come, we're family we look after one and other", Ash pats Aces shoulder.

Ace looks to me with sad eyes, I know he doesn't want me there but I need to. As much as he thinks he doesn't want me there I know I can help him and his family. It will take my mind off my awful thoughts i've been having all month, This might help me along with him.

"Pack!", Ash says to me leaving the room.

"You both have classes!", Ace blurts out loud enough for Ash to hear but he obviously ignores. He's trying to make an excuse even though it's the weekend.

I haven't been going to classes, I haven't even bothered to care. I'm sure a weekend won't affect it., "So?", I shrug picking up a duffel bag and beginning to pack. Ace doesn't say another word, we all sit in the truck in silence.

Ace gives me quick glances the whole trip, I know his thoughts are running wild and probably he's wondering how I can stomach being in the car with him but he's still family, his family are my family. The whole two hour trip was quiet with the radio on low, Ash would ask Ace question now and then but he'd replied bluntly. I didn't say a word just sat in the back seat. When we arrived Ace drops us off at our mothers, he wanted to go home himself first which is understandable.

"What you guys doing here?", My mum says chipper. She seems a lot happier lately which is a great look on her.

"It's about Bradly", Ash admits.

"Ace's brother?", She questions. I nod along with Ash and sit on the couch next to my mum.

"What's wrong?", her tone full of sadness because of seeing our faces. Our faces must say it all.