Chapter 16

Writer's pov:

They all went on their two bikes and reached the hospital. They went inside. Anjali and Aadhi shocked to see their mother was waiting for them. She just glared at Anjali.

"Mom, why are you here?" Anjali asked her.

"I too want to see her. Come" she joined with them. They reached the room. They saw Vaishu's mom waiting outside the room.

Anu talked to her casually, and after enquiring about her, they all entered inside except Aadhi and Vaishu's mom. Anu checked her health chart which was tied up in her bed railing. Vaishu was lying there with her weak body.

"Vaishu, how are you now?" Anjali asked immediately seeing her. Vaishu thought Anu as a doctor who came to check her so she didn't mind her. She nodded her head.

"She is fine. Her blood count is little low and it will reach high in few hours if she continues the treatment," Anu said still looking at the chart.

"Vaishu, she is my mom," Anjali said making her shocked. She immediately tried to sit but Anu held her down.

"No, it's okay. Take rest," Anu said patting her shoulder. She just smiled at her.

"Concentrate on your studies for the remaining years. Even after your studies, if you love Aadhi the same as now, I will talk to him. So don't worry about anything now " Anu said, caressing her head. Everyone in the room looked at her amused. Vaishu felt her tears in her cheeks.

"Thanks, aunty" she whispered slowly.

"Where is Aadhi? Call him inside. We can leave," Anu said to Anjali. Bala went and called him. He came inside and looked at Vaishu sadly, whereas Vaishu didn't have any interest to stare at him.

"Okay, take care Vaishu. Come we will leave," Anu said, signaling everyone except Aadhi and went outside.

Aadhi understood that her mom knows everything about their issue, and Anjali was behind everything. His eyes are red in anger and he controlled his rage looking at Vaishu.

Aadhi still staring at her and he didn't know what to tell her. Vaishu was looking at her hand while playing with it.

"I am sorry for my behavior. Take care of your health. Bye," Aadhi finally whispered. Vaishu nodded. He looked at her one last time and went out. Vaishu felt relieved at last.

"Ma, can I stay with her?" Anjali asked her. Anu grabbed her hand suddenly and went to the corner.

"What are you thinking of yourself? Aravind said everything to me. He is adding so many complaints on your list. Why are you even not listening to his class? You know he is the best teacher in our gang, no one can teach like him. I need to talk to your dad about this. Now, stay with her and we will have a long discussion tomorrow," she talked dangerously and went out after bidding bye to Vaishu's mom.

Anjali just shocked in her tracks. She won't be able to handle her dad if he comes to know about it, but now she is completely trapped.

 Anjali took care of her after Anu left. Vaishu's mom asked her to leave home since it was evening, so she went bidding bye to Vaishu and her mom.

At night, Vaishu slept early because of the medicine she took. Her mom went outside to eat her dinner, leaving Vaishu alone in the room. A mid-forty man ran to her room and looked at Vaishu with his teary eyes.

He touched her cheeks crying silently and sat beside her. He was deeply immersed in his thoughts while massaging her hands.

"Why the hell you came back now?" Vaishu's mom asked, standing at the door. She glared at him angrily. He went outside so that she can talk to her without disturbing her daughter.