Chapter 24 (Part 1)

Chapter 24

*Victoria*

I wake to the faint glow of sunlight filling the room. A smile immediately crosses my face as I remember I'm in Aaron's apartment. Memories of our night fill my mind and I get chills all over again. I'll never forget how our bodies molded together to become one, or how our bodies moved in sync. I'd never felt so connected to one person as I did with Aaron last night.

I roll over to look at Aaron and am disappointed when I see the empty space where he should be. I reach over and touch the empty space. It's cold meaning Aaron's been up for a while.

I sit up and just as I'm about to get up to search for him, the bathroom door opens and Aaron steps out. He wears nothing but a towel around his waist. His bare skin glistens from his fresh shower. My eyes travel across his toned arms as they flex slightly while he dries his dripping dark hair, and down to his perfect abs and the v line just visible above the towel. He smiles brightly at me and it makes my heart skip a beat.

"Morning beautiful." He says.

"Morning handsome." I reply with a smile. He crosses the space between us and meets his lips with mine. I immediately kiss him back, the butterflies in my stomach flapping wildly. He kisses me slow while guiding me so I'm lying on my back. He holds his weight above me with one arm while his free hand travels up my thigh. His hand slips under my shirt and I shiver as his hand rests low on my stomach. The soreness I still feel from last night tells me I should stop this before it goes too far, but at the same time my desire wants the clothes between us to disappear already.

"Wait, wait." I say as I pull away. "We can't."

"Why not? We've got time." He says, a mischievous look in his eyes.

"As much as I want to, I don't think my body could handle another round right now."

"Still sore?" His expression turns apologetic and I smile at his concern.

"Just a little, but I regret nothing. Last night was perfect." I caress his cheek as I give him a quick kiss. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

*Aaron*

I let Vicky up and she places a kiss on my cheek before heading into the bathroom. I heave a sigh as I sit on the edge of the bed. Though last night was amazing, I can't help but feel bad that she's still in pain. It sucks that after the night we had, she has to feel this pain that she'll probably always remember when she thinks of our first night together.

My phone chimes bringing me from my thoughts. Shortly after the doorbell rings. My heart sinks as I guess who's at the door. I reach over and grab my phone from the nightstand. A text from Grace appears on the screen. "We're here. Open up." It says.

I toss my phone on the bed beside me and curse under my breath. Why is she here so early? It's barely after 10am and she's not supposed to be here until around 3pm. I was hoping Vicky and I would have a couple hours to ourselves.

The bell rings twice more as Grace grows impatient. I get up and throw on sweats and shirt. I rush to the door and buzz them in. Seconds later Sophie bursts through the door with a huge smile on her face.

"Daddy!" Sophie exclaims as she runs into my arms. I pick her up and place a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi sweetheart." I greet her. "I missed you. Did you have fun?"

"Mhm." She replies with a nod. "But Mommy took my phone and tablet and she won't give them back." She pouts.

"Well, that's because Mommy and I came to an agreement. You can play with them when we say."