- 30 -

I reveled in his arms, his presences

A familiar yet foreign feeling. Hearing his heartbeat under me and it moving with the up and down motion of his chest reminded me just why I missed him so much. 

It was also at this moment that I realized how little I know him. The time we've had together, in reality, has only been a month. Although it feels like he's always been apart of my life. 

I've never had a boyfriend. In fact, I've never had a crush. My father made it a point to make sure that I didn't even look at a guy that way. He always used to say to me:

Angel, never get attached to something that isn't yours. You don't need anyone but yourself. 

He said that he wouldn't leave me until I understood that lesson. That would probably be one of the only things that he lied to me about. He did leave and I still don't understand what he meant. I'm still waiting for a moment to apply it. I can think of multiple situations but none work. 

I miss him - my father.

That sounds so silly because it's been so long, but it's true. I promised myself when he first died that I wouldn't forget anything about him. I had stayed true to that promise for a long time. 

Recently, I've started to forget the way he smelled or the sound of his voice. His face has become blurred from my memory. I suddenly can't remember if his beard was all black or if it was salt and pepper. 

Eleven years

That's what it takes to forget a loved one, huh? I would have never guessed.

I look down at Cole. We were in bed, my body laid tangled with his. His eyes were closed, his breathing slowed. He was asleep. The smile that crosses my face is not one that I was willing to hide. 

I don't want to move. I don't want to think of anything but now. If I do, I'm afraid something else will happen that will drag me away from him once again. The morning sun was threatening to burst through the dark curtains, but it doesn't matter. We could stay in bed all day and do nothing. It doesn't make a difference to me. 

Even in his sleep, he looks tired. You couldn't be mistaken, however, he looked sinful even in his sleep. I love it. I could start with what I feel for him. Maybe we already have.  

We didn't talk much during the car ride. There wasn't much to say. He had a driver take us home and I sat fully engulfed in his arms the whole ride. He didn't ask me what happened and I didn't want to talk about it. 

He stayed with me while the doctor was fixing up my wounds. One bullet wound to the stomach and a stab wound to the thigh.

I almost forgot that she stabbed me in the thigh.

Crazy

The doctor says to take it easy for the next few weeks. I don't really plan on following those instructions but I'll do it a little to make people happy. Even after all of this, I don't know how long I was there. I don't even know what day it is right now. Shit, I didn't know what day it was when I got taken. That's a normal thing though...

Cole shifts under me, letting out a small growl.

"Buenos Dias, Preciosa." He rasps, eyes batting open.
(Good Morning, Beautiful)

His gorgeous blue eyes beam up at me in the most irresistible ways. It makes it hard, if not almost impossible, to look away from them. 

"Morning." I yawn, moving to get off of him. 

Before my feet touch the ground, arms are at my waist pulling me back onto the bed. This time he's on top. 

"Leaving so soon?" He pouts, plump pink lips almost mocking me. 

"Just to take shower," I smile back.

"Want me to join?" He hums, rolling over so I can get up. 

I laugh, "If you're quick enough."

***

I've missed my closet so much. I think I missed the array of choices the most. Something that is only ever appreciated after it's taken away. 

Here I stand in front of the gold embellished mirror looking at the beautiful outfit that I would have never been able to afford only a month ago. 

"Princesa!" Cole calls from outside the door.
(Princess)

Ahh, deja vu - The good kind.

"Coming!" I answer, shuffling out of the closet and into the kitchen where Cole was waiting.

As always he was tapping away at his phone. Jaw ticked, ready to cut anyone who caressed it. Once he notices my presence he looks up. A boyish smile grazes his face.

"Who are you looking so good for?" He engulfs me in a warm hug. 

"I always have to look better than Elijah." I laugh.

Almost as if he sensed his name being mentioned, Elijah walks in, eating a slice of pizza. 

"Lorena!" He smiles, "You're back from being kidnapped!" 

Cole's arms are replaced by Elijah's in a bone-crushing hug. Although he's an idiot, I accept the hug gratefully. 

"Really?" I shake my head, "I'm going to remember that if someone takes you. Of course, if they did they would return you so I probably won't ever get the chance," 

"Haven't we all been kidnapped at least once?" He snickers, walking out of the door. 

Cole grips my hips before I get all the way out of the door. Pushing my hair to the side, he leaves light peppered kisses trailing from my neck to my ear. 

"He's missed you more than he lets on."