scene 92- odd

It had been at least fifteen minutes, and Time still hadn't returned. Wild and Twilight were currently walking in the direction that Twilight said Time went.

After a while, they found him sitting against a tree, his legs crossed, his arms crossed, and his eyes closed. There was also a bag sitting next to him with a mask sticking out of it.
Without opening his eyes, he greeted them.

"Hello."
Twilight looked a little surprised that Time knew they were there without even looking at them.
"Oh. Uh, hi. We were wondering where you were."
"Well, you've found me. Do you need me for something?"
"No. It's just that it's getting late."
"Ah. Well, in that case, I should go back to camp soon."

Twilight nodded as Time stood up and picked up the bag. He pushed the masks into the bag and shut it. He smiled at Wild, and they started walking back.

It felt kind if odd to be walking next to Time. Especially between him and Twilight. They were both taller than him.
Usually the two of then were up in the front of the group, and he was near the back. Sometimes Twilight walked with him, but most of the time, he was with Time.

Then, he thought about something. Zelda didn't know about the time difference. That meant that he'd probably be here for much longer than usual. And the others all had lives of their own. They had to go home, too. Did that mean that he'd be here alone sometimes?

The thought terrified him. They were seemingly the only people in this entire world. And he had no sword. No weapons. He'd have to go back to using sticks.

He was used to being alone. But there was always a place he could go if he needed help. If he was alone here, there was nowhere to go. What would happen if he got hurt? He didn't have any bandages. Zelda didn't leave any of his things here. What did she expect him to do? Cook with leaves and fight with sticks?
Apparently.

How would he manage that? How would he survive with nothing? This place had way less resources than his Hyrule. Oh well. He'd find a way.

He realized that he had stopped walking, and Time and Twilight were now several feet ahead. Shit. He ran up to them, and they continued on to camp.

●●●

When they got back, Wind was chasing after Legend, running around the camp.

Wild spotted a Silent Princess growing near the table. Odd. He was about to go over to it to look at it, Wind stepped on it and almost immediately tripped.

"Hey! Careful!"

Wind sat up and looked at Wild, rubbing his head.
"Sorry. What did I do, again?"
"You stepped on that flower."
"So? It's just a flower."
"Just a flower? That's Zelda's favorite flower, and it's endangered. Dumbass."
The way he said dumbass was more of a tease than an insult.
"Sorry. Jeez."

Wild walked over to the flower and lifted it up a little. He examined it for a moment, then grunted and pulled it out of the ground.

"I thought you said it was endangered."
"Not really. I was exaggerating. Anyway, I can use this. And it won't be growing to well after you trampled it like that."
"I stepped on it once."
"That's like time too many."

Wind rolled his eyes and stood back up before running after Legend, who had been leaning on the table, watching the exchange. He shouted in surprise and bolted.

Wild stood up and looked at Twilight, who was looking at him.
"What?"
"Nothing. It's just... nothing. Nevermind."

The reason he had been looking at Wild like that was because of the way he was holding the flower. It was just like in the nightmare. Except it was alive. And there was no blood.

He blinked.
The blood appeared.
He blinked again.
It was gone.
Wild was fine.
It had already happened.
So why was he still seeing that... vision?
What would happen next?

●●●

Wild and Time sat next to each other at the table, not saying anything. It was almost as if they were having a silent conversation with each other.
Twilight and Legend talked, watching as Wind teased Warrior, who had come earlier.

It seemed almost as if Time had stolen Wild's tired attitude from him. He looked exhausted. Wild, however, did not look tired. He was smiling as he watched Wind shove frogs into Warrior's face.

Twilight looked back at Time.
"You okay?"
"Hm? Oh. Yes. I'm... fine." He muttered something under his breath, and all Wild could make out was,
"...doesn't need....know..."

Wild shrugged, not thinking much about it. Whatever it was, it was Time's business. Not his.

He stood up and walked over to Wind and Warrior.
"Hey."
"Hey Wild! Look at these frogs!"
Wind shoved the frogs into Wild's face.

That memory where Zelda wanted him to eat a frog.

He shook his head and gently pushed the frogs away smiling.
"They're very nice. They look like hot-footed frogs."
"Those are from your Hyrule, right?"
Wild nodded.
"Wow, two things from your Hyrule in one day! I wonder what other things we'll find."

Wind's excitement seemed... a little forced. In fact, everyone seemed to be acting a little off. Mostly Wind and Time.
Wind looked back at Warrior and laughed.
Okay, that definitely wasn't real.

"You're bad at pretending to be happy. What's wrong?"
Wind looked back at Wild.
"Mmm... nothing."
"Quit smiling like that. It's weird."
"But I'm happy!"
"You are terrible at lying."
"I'm not lying!"
"Yes you are. Come on."

Wild grabbed Wind's hand and pulled him over to the table. He sat him down and took a seat next to him.
"What's wrong?"
Wind was no longer smiling.
"I told you, it's nothing. Quit bothering me."
He stood up and stomped away.

There was definitely something going on.

Did he do this?
Probably.