TAKE XXVI- Defying Gravity

TAKE XXVI.

    It was really quiet on the way home. I was fidgeting the whole time. What’s in his mind? What’s his answer? Gaah I’m really confused. We stopped in front of my house. He was back-facing me. I stared at his nape. Too hot to handle *v*

Two minutes, three minutes, four minutes and….

    “I’m sorry.” He spoke.

    Tears welled up on cue. I expected this, didn’t I? He’d reject me for sure. My heart felt like it’s losing its will to beat again. I bit my lower lip.

    “Thank you for keeping your promise,” I said, my voice thick. Shutting my eyes close, I walked past him and muttered; loud enough for him to hear, “Bye.”

____

    “Kazu-chan,” Shiori’s voice called from outside. “Dinner is downstairs…. If you’re gonna eat, okay?” her voice sound so soft. I didn’t reply. A few footsteps were heard, indicating that Shiori had left. Sighing inwardly, I rested my back on the soft bed.

    We haven’t talked since then. I went straight to my room without turning around to smile at him. I feel so stupid but at the same time angry, sad and broken. He didn’t contact me. He didn’t mail me and he didn’t call. It’s rejection. For sure.

    “Ahahaha….” I croaked and tears streamed down unconsciously. I was laughing and crying together. “Baka….” I muttered.

    So, this is goodbye, huh?

/(@.@)\

    “Don’t get too nervous and do your best!” the class rep said proudly.

    “Ha~i!” all of them saluted. I just looked out of the window and sighed.

    “Akihiko-san?” the class rep spoke. “Are you okay?”

    I faked a smile. “I’m fine. Don’t worry. Just nervous and all.”

    He nodded and ignored me. “So then, let’s move. Our performance will be after Class 3-2’s concert, which is 20 minutes later. Get ready everyone. Good luck.” He announced and disappeared off to meet the stage coordinator for preparations.

    Shiro approached. “Kazu-chan. I know something is off. Tell me.” She said.

    On cue, I burst into tears. Preventing everyone from seeing it, she quickly brought me to the storeroom behind the stage. She patted my back and I sobbed harder. “Easy there.” She whispered.

    “I don’t think I can face Akashi anymore.”

    She understood immediately. “I see what you’ve done there.” She said and hugged me. I continued to cry in her arms until the time for our performance. By that time, her clothes were wet and my eyes were red. When the class rep asked why, I just said that I fell asleep. He let me off and shoved me to the stage.

    The background music was played. I took a deep breath as the curtain was drawn, revealing the audience. Unconsciously, my gaze searched for a figure with red hair. But there is no sign of him. Haha, why am I hoping to see him after that stupid confession? Baka. Forget him already.

    “Go, Heichou! You can do this!” a voice shouted. I looked at the source and smiled when I saw Yuta, Aki, Shou, Ren, Tatsuya, Yoshio, Takeru, Yuu, Shun and Kei waving at me happily. I nodded once.

    “Kazu-chan!” another voice called. There sat Kotarou, Ren and Eikichi. But no Akashi.

    “Romeo!” Aeri’s voice echoed in the hall. Exhaling, I turned to her and faked a smile. Focus, Kazuto. This is not the time to think about anyone.