Chapter Thirty-Five

Songs for this chapter:
• Good Times - All Time Low

Chapter Thirty-Five:

Lexi's POV

"I love this truck. Do you think we can just drive back to New York so that you can still drive it?" I ask Bryce as he kills the cherry red truck's engine.

He chuckles, unbuckling his seatbelt and then turning in his seat to face me. I give him an innocent smile and his eyes seem to twinkle, a wide grin gracing his features as he reaches up to hold my face.

He brushes my hair back behind my ears and then presses a gentle kiss to my lips. "You don't like the car that I drive now?"

I shrug at him. "This truck has more memories. We drove to prom in this car. We also drove to your house after the Valentine's Day dance in this. We told each other that we love each other and had sex for the first time that night. And you asked me to be your girlfriend. Not to mention that we had sex in here. We haven't had sex in your new car."

Bryce lets out a deep chuckle before he unbuckles my seatbelt for me and then hoists me up into his arm. He sets me down in his lap and then grins at me, his hands falling to my hips as he says, "I believe we had sex in this exact position, yes?"

I bite my lip as I nod at him. "Perhaps we could do that again."

Bryce's eyebrows fly up. "In the parking lot of our old high school? You're a naughty girl, Lexi Brooks."

He then reaches up to hold the sides of my neck with both of his hands, drawing my face towards him for a kiss. His lips are soft yet persistent against mine, and when I part my lips just enough, his tongue comes out to flick against the roof of my mouth.

I gasp and feel Bryce smile against me in satisfaction.

A sudden rapid knocking on the car window breaks us from our spell.

Bryce lets out a frustrated groan as he pulls his lips off of mine. He then turns to look out the window, an immediate scowl growing upon his face as soon as he sees who had just interrupted us.

He removes his hands from my neck and instead raises a middle finger at whoever is standing outside the car.

I turn to to find Jordan there, staring at us intently with his arms folded across his chest.

How he's managed to interrupt us twice in the past two days is beyond me.

"I'm so fucking sick of that bastard. Remind me why you're friends with him, darling?" Bryce asks me in an agitated tone before he unlocks the truck and swings his door open.

He nearly hits Jordan, who jumps away in just the knick of time. I can tell that Bryce fully intended on hitting him by the way that he curses under his breath before exiting the car while still holding me in his arms.

Bryce closes the door and then locks the truck behind us. He lowers me to my feet before commanding, in a hushed whisper, "Zip up your jacket, baby girl. It's cold."

I huff, zipping up my jacket nonetheless. "C'mon. You're not even wearing a jacket," I retort, gesturing to the Columbia University sweatshirt that he's wearing right now.

He shrugs at me. "Your dad will murder me if you die of hypothermia, and though there are many people out there who would enjoy seeing me dead, I would prefer to stay alive just a little bit longer."

Bryce gives me a wry smile and I take his hand in mine, giving it a squeeze.

"And I am one of those people who would enjoy seeing you dead, Bradshaw," Jordan chimes in before sauntering away from us.