One

The time showed 10 pm and the sun went to its home five hours ago but Alessandro Romano was inside his office cabin preparing for his major deal with D'Costa's.

He was a workaholic and everyone in the country knew that. He was a man with perfection and a cunning attitude. He showed no mercy to anyone. He was functioned this way.

Since his childhood, he met selfish people with greedy minds and dark soul. He learned what he saw and served to him. His father Nicolas Romano was not lesser than that. He fought for power which leads him to a tragic death.

From this Alessandro learned,'if you are not powerful enough, others will destroy you and push you to a dead end.'

Since then Alessandro never turned back. He craved success and more success. Even his step-mother who was once bitter toward him turned to a caring mother and that was the power of money and he could not deny it.

He wanted all, he wanted everyone below him, begging for his mercy but he would not give any.

Finalizing his presentation he closed his laptop and glanced at his wristwatch. It was 12 in the mid-night. He might get some rest until tomorrow morning.

It was a big day for Alessandro tomorrow. He was about to grab the deal with one of the most sought-out construction company in Italy. With that he would climb the ladder of domination one more step. He was all set and prepared to rule the business world and no one could pull him back.

"Tomorrow is the day." He muttered and stood up to lie down on the sofa inside his office cabin.

*******

When the alarm rang, the clock showed 4 am in the morning. Alessandro picked himself up from the sofa and started doing his daily business.

Within fifteen minutes he was out from the bathroom and on his chair reviewing his deal. He was sure he would get what he wanted.

*******
As the clock struck 9 in the morning he was inside the big meeting hall facing his major rival Roberto Russo. He was in the line parallel to Alessandro and this deal was the decider who heads ahead in this game of power.

He was measuring each and every move of Roberto and not feeling good about the smirk he had since he arrived in the room.

As Roberto rose up from his seat, he was moving with confidence. "Good morning gentlemen, today I am certain the deal will be in the favor of Russo company with the plans and strategies we are about to offer to De'Costa's. So we have the major offerings on profit that will be 6:4 between De'Costa and Russo. We are offering the minimum expenses of three billion with an outcome of fifteen hundred billion a year...."

As the presentation and deals continued Alessandro had his jaw tight and fist clenched. Every word Roberto spoke was Alessandro's idea and contract to be negotiated. Now Alessandro had nothing to back his plan.

Where did he go wrong?

Disloyal people? Weak software? Leakage in plan? What was the factor that bite him back?

He stood up from his chair bitterly and went towards Roberto. As he marched toward him, everyone could feel his anger.

"You bastard." Alessandro roared and held Roberto's collar. With one punch Roberto was down on the floor with a swollen face.

"How dare you cheat me? Whom did you bribe to steal this from me?" He shouted again, connecting his fist with Roberto's face.

Nobody dared to interfere the one-sided fight and stood speechless as Alessandro repeatedly punched Roberto.

Soon the security entered the meeting room with policemen to control the scene. After long five minutes of drag, Alessandro was pulled from Roberto who was covered with blood.

"Let me go, I will kill this bastard today. How dare he steal my concept?" Alessandro struggled to pull out from five people holding him.

"Mr.Romano, please stop this or else we have to arrest you for the violence you have done in De Costa's premises.

Not later his PA, Darren came towards him and asked him to stop and let Roberto go.

He finally huffed and stormed out of the meeting room. His head was all over the place but first he had to find the culprit who betrayed him.

"Let's see the doctor first, your hand is bleeding and get the lawyer to sort this problem with Roberto, alright?" Darren nervously kept his hand on Alessandro's shoulder who just nodded.

"Darren, did we lose the contract?" Alessandro asked.

"Nothing is decided yet as everyone is still recovering from the shock," Darren confirmed.

"We need this contract," Alessandro announced with that Darren nodded.

Darren was Alessandro's PA and only friend. They used to be classmates and later the best buddy. It was only Darren who could tolerate Alessandro's temper. He was immune to it but the situation like a few minutes ago were the times even Darren did not know what to do with Alessandro.