Wattpad Original
There are 16 more free parts

One - " I Don't Think We Got Off On The Right Footing."

PERFECT ILLUSION IS OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED BY WATTPAD BOOKS. You can now purchase the official Perfect Illusion ebook wherever ebooks are being sold (link in my bio!).

The guy in the denim jacket is cute.

He's standing outside his door, fumbling with a set of keys that he took out from his back pocket. His back is turned towards me, but I already had a glimpse of his face when he looked back.

He can't be much older than me, perhaps nineteen or twenty. He has tangled black hair and hazel eyes. High cheekbones, long, thick lashes, and a full mouth.

Oh, hell.

He's fiddling with his keys, and when he finds the correct one, he inserts it in the lock and twists the doorknob to his place.

And his place is next to my place. Which means he's my neighbour.

Oh, double hell.

I don't think he notices me gaping at him like a silly school girl. It would probably be embarrassing if he actually did, considering I think I almost drooled on myself looking at him.

Yeah. I'm that pathetic.

No wonder my parents made me live with Cara even though their house is just fifteen minutes away from campus. Cara could probably teach me all the things I suck at like making my bed, buying groceries every weekend, or learn not to drool when you see a cute guy.

Okay, maybe the last part was not why my parents wanted me to be independent.

"Where are the rest of your boxes?" A familiar voice startles me. I whirl back and see Cara, my best friend, staring at me. I open my mouth, but no words come out of it.

Cara lifts her eyebrows in confusion. I think she's quite irritated, because we've been moving boxes containing all my things all morning. I feel fine, however, probably because I'm not the one running around in four inch heels up and down three flights of stairs.

"Alex? Hello? Did you just space out again?"

I shake my head and laugh to hide my embarrassment. "Sorry. Um.. they're at the back of my trunk. I got two more boxes left. I can go get it later."

"Nah it's fine, I'll go get it." She places a few boxes on top of my pile. But before she leaves, she eyes me warily. I think she knows that I can't stop staring at denim jacket guy.

Sighing, I set down the boxes I've been carrying, and fumble for my key. When I lift my face, the keys in my hand, my eyes find denim jacket guy. He seems to be staring at me.

Oh shit.

He tilts his head and looks at me like he's trying to figure me out. I don't know what to do. I stare at the keys, and then to the boxes next to me, and then back to him. He's still looking at me.

Then, he smiles.

It's a very nice smile, one that reaches his eyes. I notice he looks so much better when he smiles because his dimples show, and his hazel eyes glimmer. I think his smile completely seals the deal about me staying here, because there is absolutely no way I'm choosing to stay in the dorms.

I should probably stop looking at him. Tearing my gaze, I squat and lift up the boxes with the key dangling around my index finger. I heave as the weight of the boxes press down on my arms, but I persevere, because I don't want denim jacket guy to think I'm incapable of carrying things.

I can't see him anymore because the boxes block my view, which is a good thing because I can't get distracted. But due to my view getting blocked, I can't see where I'm going and I end up tripping over the last few steps and falling face down onto the ground.