thirty nine

Eve's POV

"Wake up, Evie," Harry's voice was rough in the early hours of the morning, scraping against his throat even though he was trying to talk as softly as he probably could.

"Shhh," I hushed him, readjusting my head on top of his hard chest and snuggling up against him.

We had changed positions during the night, somehow managing to become even more tangled in each other when we woke up, compared to when we fell asleep. Harry had fallen asleep tucked underneath my arm, with his face pressed against my neck and his leg pushed comfortably between mine. Now, we were in complete opposite positions, my upper body sprawled over his chest and my leg hitched over both of his thighs, essentially trapping him against the warm sheets.

"My meeting starts in an hour," he grumbled, trying to slide me off him, "I need to get ready."

I exhaled, propping my chin onto his skin and blinking my eyes open. Harry looked beautiful in the morning, all tousled hair and fluttering lashes and lazy smiles. His skin was pale, much like the pallid pink of his lips, and I wanted to kiss the colour back into them, to push and nibble at them until they were bitten red.

"5 more minutes," I pleaded, dropping my lips to ghost along his skin. Harry only sighed, mumbling about how he needed to get up now, his chest rising and falling heavily when I grazed my teeth against him. "Please?"

"Fine," he griped, pulling me further up his body so he could rest his chin on the top of my head, "You're a bad influence on me, Eve."

I grinned, closing my eyes and nestling myself into the crook of his neck, "I'll take being a bad influence for 5 more minutes of cuddling with you any day, Peach."

The alleged 5 minutes of him staying in bed with me quickly turned into half an hour, me whining in protest whenever he told me that the minutes had passed and it was time for him to get up. I kept asking for a few more minutes, persuading him with gentle kisses along the underside of his jaw and a few sly movements of my hand just above the waistband of his briefs.

I was left to drown in the after smell of Harry once he had finally gotten out of bed, rushing around the room to gather things for his shower whilst I buried myself back into the mattress, trying to savour every inch of the warmth he left behind.

"Alright, I'm off," he announced once he was ready to leave, plonking himself down onto the bed next to me and bending his legs up to put on his shoes. "My last meeting is at 4pm, so I should be back around 5 or so. If you need anything just call me, and if you want room service or something, just charge everything to the room."

"Hmmm, okay," I hummed in confirmation, glancing an eye open at him. A fond look was on his face as he watched me, his lips curved up and his eyes bright.

"C'mon, give me a kiss before I leave."

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet." I whined, hoping that I wouldn't have to move from my position. Harry rolled his eyes, leaning down to grasp my chin in his hand as he kissed me, slotting our lips together quickly before pulling away.

"I don't care," he laughed, grabbing his briefcase and heading for the door.

***

I had spent most of the day in bed, ordering room service whenever I was hungry and flicking through the TV channels more than I actually stayed on one. I had become restless halfway through the day and ended up wandering the hotel, checking out the facilities they had to offer and then walking around outside, inspecting the shops around the building.

I had taken another walk in hopes that Harry would return back to the suite in my absence, but when I got to the room, it was almost 8pm and he still wasn't back. I groaned in annoyance, laying down onto the newly made bed and attempting to call him multiple times, even though I knew he wasn't going to pick up. He told me that I was going to have him in the evenings after work if I came here with him, so why wasn't he here yet?