Chapter 29

Charles' POV

Rayna was pacing around the room for a while before she went to sit on the bed again. She started bouncing her leg all of a sudden. She tugged at her hair. Beads of sweat littered her forehead. Tears started to stream down her face.

"Woah, Rayna are you alright?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. She shook her head. Her breathing was becoming erratic.

I reached out to grab her hand but she backed away before I could do so.

"N-No." She whimpered as she backed away. "Please." I rose my hands in surrender. But then, she started screaming.

"Please!" She yelled. "Don't get any closer!"

"Stop screaming." I told her. "We aren't touching you."

She was sobbing loudly and screaming her head off, thrashing around.

"Rayna?" Olivia went up to her but jumped back as she was almost kicked.

I went up to Rayna and tried to get her to stay still. I went to grab her arms but she managed to kick me on my shoulder. I hissed in pain and swore under my breath.

"Rayna!" I yelled. "What's going on with you."

Two people barged through the door but I didn't pay attention as I was currently dealing with Rayna. She continued screaming, kicking and swatting around.

"What's going on!" Ace came to my side.

"Try to hold her down!" I commanded. "She's having a fit of some sort." Ace did as I want told and grabbed her arms and I grabbed her legs, pinning her down onto the bed. She was still thrashing around and she managed to escape my grip a couple times. I was luckily able to keep her down.

Soon, her screams died out and she stopped thrashing around. She fell asleep and Ace and I let her limbs go. I sighed in relief and wiped the sweat that had accumulated on my forehead away.

"What was that?" Ace asked.

I shrugged. "I'm not even sure." I replied. "We were talking and all of a sudden, she got like this." Ace nodded.

I felt her forehead and hissed as I removed my hand. She was really hot. "She's burning up really fast." I said.

"Could it be her powers?" Ace asked.

I shrugged and turned around to be met with Orion leaning against the wall. He had his arm around Olivia who looked scared. He was wearing a smirk on his face.

"Thanks for all the help Orion." I said sarcastically. "Instead of watching, you could have come and helped."

"Looks like you didn't need my help." He said. "Plus, I was comforting my baby sister." Olivia glared at him and smacked his arm, shrugging it off.

"Did you not see how much we were struggling to keep her down?" Ace asked. "Or did you just enjoy watching her like that?"

"A little bit of both." Orion chuckled.

I shook my head. "You're out if your mind. Let's let Rayna sleep. Let's go."

I put a blanket over Rayna's sleeping body and left the room, everyone else following behind me.

*

Rayna's POV

I awoke with my head feeling like it was on fire. I was really hot. I groaned and threw the blanket that was in me off the bed. I sat up straight and wiped sweat that was on my forehead off. I felt a stream of dry tears as I rubbed my eyes.

I remember the images I saw. They felt so real but I knew they weren't. I couldn't move the whole time. It's like something else took over my body. I got up off the bed and stumbled a little as my head was still spinning. I regained my balance and went over to the bathroom. I turned on the sink tap and splashed cold water on my face. I sighed in content as the burning feeling wore off.

"Rayna?" Someone called out to me.

"I'm in the restroom." I called out. I heard someone sigh In relief as I turned the tap off and dried my face with a towel. I exited the bathroom to be met with Charles sitting on my bed.

"What was that earlier?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"It felt like too much. I was starting to get these images in my head that someone was torturing me. I know they aren't real, they just," I paused and took a deep breathe. "They felt so real. I couldn't move. It's like someone else was in control of my body."

Charles furrowed his eyebrows. "How could you not move?" He wondered. "You were thrashing around like a mad woman. You even hit me in the shoulder and you almost hit Olivia." I shrugged again.

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Like you said, you weren't in control of your body." Charles said as he got up and made his way over to me. He placed his hand over my forehead and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are yo-" he hummed, cutting me off.

"You're still kind of hot. Not as much as when you fell unconscious. You were burning up then." He explained.

"Oh." I said. "I feel like shit."

"Mhm." He just hummed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Nothing. Its meant to mean nothing."

I shook my head. This guy just confuses me sometimes.

"Do you want to go get something to eat downstairs." He asked. As if one cue, my stomach started to grumble.

"I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled.
______________________________________

Woooooow. Two updated in one day.
#bestauthoroftheyear.

I have nothing else to say lol.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.