Prologue

A/N: Hey guys, due to some comments, I'm here to clarify this with you all. This book was written because I was inspired by sweetblunch's The Orsini Bride. No, I did not copy anything from there, I was just inspired by the book to write this. So guys, please stop badgering me about this. Thank you.

***

All Rights Reserved

Prologue

Olivia Henderson's POV

"Thank you for coming down Olivia dear. I hope it wasn't too much of a hassle."

Laura greeted me cheerfully.

I smiled back and sat down and placed my bag on the floor. "It wasn't. Greece is such a lovely place to go to. Anything for you Laura. Now, do pray tell me why the sudden visit to your home and pictures of eligible girls with good backgrounds from Manhattan?"

Laura grinned mischievously, "I need your help to matchmake Damien."

My jaw dropped, that was the last thing I had expected from Laura. But what else was I to expect from Laura Doukas née Hamilton? "And since my son lives in New York, what better way than to ask my unofficial son's wife who lives in Manhattan to help?" Laura continued slyly.

Laura had treated Drake as her unofficial son. Drake's mother, Kaitlyn knew Laura very well as they were best friends since boarding school. Kaitlyn had also treated Laura's son as her own. And being me Drake's wife, I was now Laura's unofficial daughter-in-law.

I burst out laughing and took out a stack of photos from my bag. "Okay alright. Here. These are a bunch of photos of eligible girls."

Laura clapped her hands eagerly, "Let's start!"

I handed her a photo, "This is Sarah Woods. Twenty-four and daughter of-"

"Never! Her nose is too big." I shrugged and took out another photo, "Riley Anderson-"

"No! Damien would die with her. She looks so drab!"

"Hannah Thompson daughter of Thompson shipp-"

"Of course not, I never liked that family. Met them in France, they thought I was too flighty and poor to be acquainted with. When I married Damien's father, they were not happy and thought I married for money." Laura sniffed haughtily.

"Okay then. What about Holly Rendall?"

"No, no, no. Why are all these American girls you chose so snooty looking? Damien needs someone who won't give into him. Who will give him a challenge. She needs to be smart, witty, stubborn, definitely good with kids and- who's that?"

I looked up at Laura who was looking at my phone with an awed expression on her face. "Who's who?"

"This! This girl!" Laura exclaimed picking up my phone. My eyes widened at my screen, "That's my good friend, Adrianna Valdez. She's not American though."

"That doesn't matter, she's perfect!" Laura gushed. My eyes widened, "But Laura, she isn't looking for any relationships. Her fiancé had died six years ago but I feel and think she needs to move on. But she always refuses to."

Laura stared sadly at the photo, "That is not something anyone should go through. But it's good that she's stubborn! Damien will have a hard time courting her! And she's so beautiful! Tell me more about her!"

"She's twenty-five, she's a heiress from Spain. She has an older brother in the army now. I've known her for quite a while now and she's known her fiancé since they were kids and he died in a car accident. Her parents are Marko and Emilia Valdez. She can be witty, humourous and she's very smart."

Laura looked adoringly at my phone with a big smile on her face, "She's definitely perfect for Damien. How can you schedule a convenient meeting between them that won't seem so obvious?"

I pursed my lips and thought for a while, "Trevor's birthday is coming up and since I had named Adrianna as his godmother and Drake had named Damien as his godfather. They both have to be there don't they?"

Laura clapped her hands excitedly, "Yes! You can plan an extra grand birthday ball for Trevor and ask both of them to help for the planning!"

I laughed, "It's a deal."