第29章

Hao Ming sat a seat below the emperor as he drank his tea, he had secretly dispatched his army for the fight against his brother. It had never occurred to him that such a thing would happen to him. The concept and idea of him having to fight against his own relative.

As expected, during the tense moment between the two they were waiting for the announced arrival of the Sixth Prince. However, the two could only hope that it was nothing but a force alarm. Who would expect that not long after, an eunuch would walk in announcing the arrival of the Sixth Prince, and his request to meet with His Majesty.

His Majesty heart stilled, as his eyes held disappointment and heartbreak. He had thought he had equally shared his love although, he secretly was more lenient towards his Eighth but it wasn't exactly presented in front of them.

"Allowed." His cold voice sounded loudly in the dead silent hall.

Fu Yue Long walked in with this head held high, upon seeing Fu Hao Ming his eyes held some contempt and then disbelieve. He continued his acting as he sighed and greeted his imperial father.

"Imperial Father, I am here to report something urgently." Fu Yue Long said as he got into a worshipping stance, his head bowed and his hands are cupped in front of him.

"Speak."

"This son has found evidence of eighth younger brother colluding with the BeiLang escaped prince. He had helped allowed the BeiLang prince escape and secretly embezzled money to aid BeiLang prince!" As Fu Yue Long said that, he had reached into his sleeve and pulled out a book.

He had laced the corners of the book with poison, as he knew his imperial father had a habit of damping his index finger before flipping to the next page. And this scheme was instructed to Fodoré to do hence it automatically landed into the knowings of Fu Hao Ming.

The emperor had his personal eunuch bring the book up and opened it, flipping through it yet he had never once damp his index finger. And if want had secretly glance at Fu Yue Long, one could see the obvious impatient in his eyes.

As time slowly passed, Fu Yue Long could feel an inkling deep inside the pit of his stomach that something was off yet he could not quite determined what it was. when-

"Guards, seize him!" The Emperor commanded heart wrenchingly.

However, as Yue Long saw that the guards were heading towards him instead of towards Hao Ming he finally understood that there was a betrayer in his group. He glared hatefully at Fu Hao Ming and then smirked and he quickly held a whistle to his lip and blew loudly. Fu Yue Long then bend down and grab a dagger from his shoes and started attacking.

Upon hearing the whistle, the red guards of the palace and Fu Hao Ming's was on high alert. While those white guard of Fu Yue Long that had infiltrated into the palace started rushing towards the red. Swords unleashed, as blood splattered everywhere, the sound of warriors' aggression filled the palace.

The secret guards in the hall had also started coming together and attacking Fu Yue Long's people. While the shadow guards and the emperor's personal eunuch quickly escorting the emperor away to somewhere safe.

Hao Ming unleashed his sword as he rushes towards Fu Yue Long directly flicking his dagger away, but Yue Long somersaulted away as he picked up a sword left behind by the perished.

"Who knew brother would be this smart." Fu Yue Long chuckled as his sword hit against Fu Hao Min's.

"You knew i am uninterested in the throne, yet why?" Fu Hao Ming asked in anger, he had done nothing but stay away yet this brother of his just had to continuously attack him. And was unable to rest until he was gone.

"Why? WHY? Because you are always in the spotlight! Father may seem fair but we all know he is biased towards you, so what if you had stayed away from the affair surrounding the throne? If he wants you up there, you'd be up there!" Fu Yue Long blurt out and in his anger, his aggression increased ten-fold. Allowing him to slash at Fu Hao Ming's abdomen area, followed by his arm.

"One cannot be forceful!," Fu Hao Ming said as he himself got more aggressive. "Father would not put me up the throne, and he wont put you either! And it is not because he hates us, but because we are unsuitable!" He shouted as he stabbed his sword into his left arm.

"Shut your mouth. Today, you'll have to die" In the moment of anger, discontent and aggression, he had failed to notice that his guards had all fallen and that only the red remained. Who had all already surrounded Fu Yue Long. Their swords and spear, drawing extremely close to him, as they very quickly flicked his sword away and have him arrested.

"Throw him into the 18th level of the dungeon, not allowed to talk, eat or drink until further notices from imperial father" Fu Hao Ming announced, as he was quickly attended to for his injuries.