Teddy's mate

"Bear shifters go through a late puberty after the first time they change. Until then, they are developing exactly the same like normal shifters. In fact, the less developed a bear shifter is before transformation, greater he will grow and more powerful his animal will be once reaching maturity.

Nothing is wrong with you, Teddy, and honestly, you already do great things without my help and powers. I am proud and grateful to have you as my human."

Teddy sniffed, crossing his small hands around his bear's neck and whispering him incessant "thanks" and "I love you"'s.

That was the first discussion between Teddy and his bear before the boy changed and Baloo came out into the real world for the first time. Now the small, scrawny boy was 7'1 tall and his body was covered entirely by a heavy mass of bulging muscles. He was one of the best warriors into the clan, and his previously shy and fearful personality totally vanished, leaving behind a tough, fearless and strong young man.

But not that strong and tough... because Teddy was still an emotional, incurable softy on the inside. Only that he learned to keep that side of him carefully hidden, for only his friends and family to see.

Family... Teddy really had a family, and now, that it was his eighteenth birthday, he will be able to find his mate and build another family... His own family. Partner, kids, grandchildren... it will be hard to take care of them in a world like this, but he will make sure to keep them all save and happy. Teddy will be one hell of a father and mate and no one will be able to compete with him.

With this in mind, the celebrated shifter made his way out of the room and to the first floor where his birthday party was taking place. Only forty minutes until ten o'clock, the hour he was born. Then, Teddy will be able to find his mate and claim them as his.

Teddy swore to love his future mate, no matter who they were or what they were... a girl, a boy, a mouse of an elephant... The bear shifter could feel his future mate was part of the Clan and he was content to have anyone as his partner. Even Sirius who tormented him half of his life.

After the first time Teddy changed, Sirius stopped treating him differently than others. He wouldn't pressure him to be the best, nor force him into harder training. He would simply treat him like any other warrior. And sincerely, the bear shifter missed it... the partially differential behavior Sirius had towards him. He missed having someone push him to his limits and make him give his best, become better.

Even so, Teddy didn't stop to the mere training every normal warrior did. He went all the way to work out by himself after training hours every night. He wanted to become the strong bodyguard Sirius needed. He wanted to be the best.

"Teddy bear!" A pitched voice broke Teddy out of his trance and the bear shifter turned around just in time for Chip to leap into his arms and cross his legs around his waist.

"Happy birthday!! I love you so much, sexy hunk! I can't wait for you to find your mate so I can scoop their eyes out." The little boy said, wiggling his waist against Teddy's torso, a cute tail popping out through his trousers.

Teddy chuckled, holding Chip tightly against his chest.

"Hey, little guy! I love you too! Now where is your mate so I can give you to him before some unfortunate shifter loses their eyes?"

Chip pouted, turning slightly to point to a huge man standing in front of a BBQ grill. "Twere..." he said, crossing his arms around his chest as Teddy walked him to the 8'2 man.

"Brownie" Teddy said when they reached Brownie's side, making his older friend turn to look at him with a soft smile.

"Teddy! Happy birthday! I see you stole my boy again from me. If you find your mate and don't want him, then I say we exchange them cuz my little one seems to prefer you anyways."

Teddy laughed whilst Chip sulked harder, turning to look away from Brownie.

"That's just an excuse to get rid of me." The smaller shifter said, pressing his head against Teddy's chest.

"Is it?" Brownie smirked, towering over Teddy only to sneak his hands around Chip's waist. The later shivered, his hands clenching against Teddy's shirt as he felt his tummy twist funnily.

"Then how comes I love you so good if I want to get rid of you so bad?"

Chip whimpered, pushing against Teddy's chest and jumping hastily in Brownie's arms. He then crossed his arms around his boyfriend's neck and his legs around his chest, looking like a small child with his five feet frame in comparison with his mate's 8'2.

"Sowy! I was just being bratty." He whispered, sighing contently as Brownie started playing with his small butt.

"It's okay, baby! Now kiss Teddy goodnight because I have the feeling you will fall asleep in my arms pretty soon. You are this naughty only when you get sleepy."

Chip nodded dizzily, pressing a soft peck on Teddy's cheek before tangling himself back at Brownie's side.

"Happy b-day... Imma beat ass you know?.... kick your mate... -they do not deserves you..." The little shifter said, finishing his mumbles with a long sigh and a snore.

"He is so adorable!" Teddy smiled, looking softly at his best friend who was caressing Chip's hair endearingly.

"I know. The best thing happening in my life." Brownie said, staring at Chip a little more before turning to wiggle his brows at his friend "Only a bit and you'll have one for yourself too."

Teddy chuckled, looking around the crowd and nodding,

"Fifteen minutes more exactly."

ღ❀ღ

"Five..."

"Four..."

"Three..."

"Two..."

"One!"

"Happy birthday, Teddy!"

Teddy smiled, closing his eyes as an amazing smell of nutmeg and cranberry filled his nostrils. Then his grin widened, the familiar smell filling his senses and making feel all giddy inside. His mate was exactly who he wanted the most to be. There was no one else he wished to spend his eternity more than with him.

"Thank you!" Teddy whispered to the creator above, rushing past the people into the yard and making his way towards his mate.

He walked past Nash, past Chip and Brownie, past Bullock and Berry. Then he saw Sirius. He was looking at him with such a blank expression, Teddy didn't know what to think of it.

      But he didn't have time to search so much into it because he had to reach his mate. So he fastened his steps and rushed into the pack house, to the second floor and in Vicky's room.

       You can complain at I_wanna_beat_papa@gaymail.com

     Also, Brownie and Teddy are so big only because of their inner animals. There are rarely shifters who are .... and bears.

    Hehe! The game where you have to guess Brownie's inner animal is still on. Who guesses it right, will receive a one shot at their choice.

      I will try to update soon!

      Love y'all! 💚🐻