george weasley : secret

"I'm not sure how Fred and George have kept this place running, half of the Alleys closed down since the attack at Olivanders." Hermione said, looking at Weasley's Wizard Wheezers, Fred and George's new joke shop.

Ginny nodded in agreement, "It's miraculous really, I mean everyone loved them back at Hogwarts but still."

"Everyone needs a good laugh with all that's happened in the past few months I suppose." (Y/N) told them with a shrug, turning the ring on her necklace around in circles as they entered the joke shop.

Truth be told the twins joke shop was the last place she wanted to be, but she knew that the Weasley family was bound to pay the twins a visit at some point before the new school year. It had been Ginnys idea to go visit her brothers, and seeing as (Y/N) was staying with the Weasleys before the new school year, she agreed to go.

It wasn't that she didn't want to see the joke shop. It was more about seeing the twins, more specifically George.

For most of (Y/N)'a fourth year, Fred and George's fifth, (Y/N) and George had been seeing each other in secret. Keeping their relationship had been George's idea, and no matter how many times (Y/N) questioned it George never budged on the topic.

"Hey lets go look at these!" Funny exclaimed, grabbing (Y/N)'s arm and dragging her towards the giant pink fountain filled with tiny heart shaped vials. Hermione, Ginny and (Y/N) all reached in to look at them, holding a tiny vial in their hands.

Holding the heart in her hand almost made (Y/N) sick, all the emotions from her last fight with George were starting to resurface. Her asking him why they couldn't tell anyone about their relationship. Him rolling his eyes and asking if they really were going to have the same conversation over again. Her insisting that they needed to. Him telling her that she needed to drop it. Her telling him that she couldn't do this anymore, that she wouldn't be his dirty little secret anymore. Him letting her leave.

"Hello ladies." Spoke two voices from behind the girls. Hermione, Ginny and (Y/N) all turned around to see who has spoken to them.

It was Fred and George, standing at the top of a staircase just to the right of the three girls. They leaned on the railing, dressing in almost identical suits - with complimentary colors - and matching grins on their faces.

"See you're looking at the love potions - they really do work." George said, trying his best not to make direct eye contact with (Y/N).

"But from what we hear, you're doing just fine on your own there sis." Fred jokes, nudging his twin as they both throw their heads back.

Ginny rolls her eyes at her brothers, quickly dropping the love potion in her hands. "That is none of your business." She said, obviously thinking about her new boyfriend, Dean Thomas. "Besides I'm not the only one who's doing well with the boys." Ginny followed up, attempting to shift Fred and George's attention aware from her love life.

(Y/N) swallowed, feeling more quiet than ever as Ginny spoke. This was the first conversation that (Y/N) had with George since the break up and since the twins had left Hogwarts to open the joke shop.

"Oh yeah?" George asked, raised an eyebrow, "Ron finally ask Hermione out?" He joked, slipping both hands into the pockets of his jacket.

This time Hermione rolled her eyes, "No, I'm afraid Ronald has not - but thank you for the reminder." She said, shooting both Fred and George a sharp glare.

"For your information Zach Smith and (Y/N) went on a couple of dates this summer, and I believe he's gonna cuff her pretty soon." Ginny informed the twins, holding her head in the air and wrapping an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulders.