Chapter 4: Amongst the Humans

~Ima's P.O.V.~

     I sensed one of the hunters coming towards my direction. I had to think of an escape soon, otherwise I would end up dead. I quickly changed into my human form so I could blend in with the other humans, and quickly found another entrance to the cave. Luckily, it was facing towards a city, which I made my escape to. I would have no choice but to hide there until I knew the hunters were off my trail and I could fly back home where I belong.
"I shouldn't have flown down and helped them, now they think I'm a demon! Damnit, Ima! Why did you have to give in to your rage?" I quickly found shelter in an abandoned building and decided to hide there until the three hunters gave up upon finding me. I hope that's soon...

                    ~Dante's P.O.V~

     After what felt like an hour of searching, I stopped at a cave where the dragon's scent had disappeared. I decided to let off a few rounds in the air to alert Nero and Vergil of my location.
"Her trail stops here...It doesn't shoot off anywhere, so what happened and where'd she go?"
     I started to investigate the cave until they arrived. Hopefully we can pick up her trail from here with Vergil's help since he's more tuned in with his demonic abilities more than I am. When I walked back out of the entrance I was at, Nero and Vergil walked up to me, taking a look around then stopping at the cave.
"So, did you find her?" I shook my head no and crossed my arms against my chest.
"Her trail stops inside. It doesn't trail off in any other direction. There is another entrance that faces the city. I think she escaped to there. The only problem is that her scent is gone, so it's gonna be hard to find her." They both nodded, then Vergil took a step towards the cave's entrance.
"I was hoping, Vergil, since your more keen into your demonic abilities more than I am that maybe you could pick up something." He hums in response then heads inside the cave. Me and Nero followed suit.
     When we reached the center of the cave, Vergil stopped in his tracks and looked around. Nero and I watched his movements as he slowly scanned the area, then immediately laid attention to the other entrance that faced the city.
"You're right, Dante." He turned to face me, a small smirk plastered on his face.
"She changed forms that leaves a human scent. She headed into the city." Nero and I nod, then I looked at the other entrance and sighed.
"But like I said, it's now a problem because she can completely blend in with the surroundings. If she smells like a normal human, there's no way we can tell her apart from the others-"
"That's where you're wrong, brother. She does have a human scent to her, but there's something else to it." I look at him with a puzzled look.
"What do you mean exactly? What else is there that could possibly differentiate her from the rest of the town?" Vergil looks at Nero and scoffs.
"The human scent she's using has a different...quality to it. Not to mention..." He kneels down and picks something up off the ground. I took a step closer to examine it. A single strand of silver hair that...
"...Eminates her original scent?" Vergil nods and grasps the strand of hair in his hand.
"Oh, okay, so when we head to the city, we look for a woman with long silver hair that has the dragon scent?"
"That's right." I smirk and began walking to the other entrance.
"Then what the hell are we waiting for? Let's catch us a lady dragon!"

~Ima's P.O.V.~