Chapter 9 - Past

"I don't like him." Jiyoung said with a sour face while looking at Eno from afar, who was trying to catch a butterfly. "Jiyoung you don't even know him.", I chuckled, "are you jealous because he is hanging out with you and me?"  A pout appeard on GD's face. "He doesn't even talk to me. He just talks to you!" 

I looked over to Eno and waved as he looked at me. A slight smile appeared on his face. "He is nice. He is just a little shy.", I told Jiyoung before Eno came back and placed a butterfly on top of my head. I laughed. "Thank you Eno!", I said with a smile. Jiyoung grumbled. "We shouldn't even be friends with him. He looks like an underground god.. " Eno looked at him without any emotion. "I'm not an underground god.. I don't even know what kind of god I am.. I just woke up in that field and Mila was nice enough to let me stay in the mansion.", he said in a calm voice. I  looked down at my hands. My parents liked Eno, he was like another child for them, a lost one. But I couldn't see him as a brother. My face lit up when I heard the voice of my real older brother. 

"Where is the little princess?", he asked loudly as he stepped outside to the terrace. His smile was like sun on a rainy day. He radiated happiness and warmth. "I'm here!", I jumped up excited and ran into his opened arms, laughing as he lifted me up. "I missed you so much Elion!" I said with a happy sigh. I loved my big brother more than anything in the world. He had always been there for me. We used to read together everyday, analyzing the stuff we saw the humans do through the looking glass.  Elion had been away for a short while, carrying out different types of visits to some of the shrines. "I brought you a few dresses I saw while travelling as a present and an apology that I wasn't here for a while.", he said with his normal, comforting voice. "The only present I need is you!" I said smiling. He chuckled before putting me back down. "Now now, show me what you have learned while I was away!", Elion exclaimed as he walked towards the garden with me. Elion was my older brother, but also my teacher in fighting, literature and power. 

Determined , I nodded and tried to prepare for the attack. It was over in a second, I was laying on the ground baffled. "That's not fair! You used your new weapon on me!", I protested, but Elion chuckled, before he looked at me with a serious expression. "You can't always say that it's unfair. Fights are usually unfair, Mila. But don't blame your opponents for your fault, blame yourself.", he said in a strict voice and I nodded immediately. I should've been prepared for any kind of attack. 

Until our little attack was over, Elion didn't even notice Jiyoung and Eno, beeing too focused on me. He smiled and tousled Jiyoungs Hair, who laughed at that. As he turned to look at Eno, his expression turned to confusion. "And who might you be? I don't think we've met each other yet." , Elion asked Eno smiling. Eno had a slight smirk on his lips.  "My name is Eno. It is nice to meet you.", he answered and bowed a little. Elion laughed. "You don't have to be so formal with me.  You are Mila's new friend, therefore you are now my friend as well. And my friends call me Eli, only Mila likes to tease me with my full name.", Elion said smiling.

My heart thumped full of happiness as I saw them both smiling at each other. Eno would surely love Elion like everyone else loved him.