Chapter 45 - Four months

It's been four months since Shay and Lane announced they're having a baby boy and that they're getting married. The night after the celebration for them, I told everyone I had been accepted into College in New York. My aunt Avery and uncle Ezra live in New York so my parents were happy to know I'd have someone looking out for me and a place I can have family dinners even when I'm away.

I know Zay still isn't one hundred percent keen on the idea but he has been very, very supportive and has even been working out what holidays he can take from work so he can come and visit me.

In just a few more months Lane and Shay will be married, and soon after that I'll be off to live on the other side of the country.

"This is for you." I grin as I make my way into the bedroom and hand Zay a glass of whisky.

"What are we celebrating?" He questions with a smile as he takes it from me.

"Lane just called and Shay is in labour." I say excitedly. "We're about to be God parents."

Shay didn't want everyone at the hospital for the baby's arrival and I understood that, it's such a personal experience and I don't think I'd want everyone in the room with me either. She has Lane, Sasha and my mother, I think that's more than enough.

"How's Lane feeling?" He asks as he takes a swig of his drinks.

"Good." I shrug "I think he's just super excited to meet his son."

"Well, here's to sleepless night for Lane and Shay." He laughs as he raises his glass and drinks it down.

"I'm going to get ready so I can go and meet the little man once he's arrived." I skip out into my walk-in wardrobe.

Zay's POV:

I sit the glass down on the bedside table and take a seat on the bed. In just a few short months the love of my life is moving the other side of the country and I so badly want to go with her, I'm going to miss her so much.

I passed my mechanical exam and not only did I pass, I absolutely aced it with a perfect score. Because of that I'm tied down into staying at the garage with Amity and Austin for the next couple of years until I've worked my hours off and I can be officially, officially fully qualified.

The idea of her leaving is getting harder and harder each day, but I can't let it show, I am happy for her and I am proud of her, and I do want her to follow her dreams, I just wish she could have followed them at a college closer to home.

She makes her way out of the walk-in wearing a cute summer dress and some flat shoes. "Hey, are you okay?" She asks as she walks to me.

"I'm fine Princess, just a little tired."

She leans down and presses her lips to mine. "I love you." she reminds as she turns her head to the side looking at me. "You can tell me what's on your mind you know."

"I love you Princess." I pull her down into my arms. "But I'm fine, really." I lie.

She wraps her arms around me giving me a hug and we stay like this for some time, just holding each other. I breathe in the scent of her shampoo and her perfume as I nuzzle her face into her neck.

Buzzz, Buzzz, Buzzz.

She pulls back from the hug and answers her phone. "Is he here?" She says excitedly.

Silence.

"Okay, we'll be there soon." She smiles into the phone and hangs up. "The baby has arrived!" she tells me in an upbeat tone. "Get dressed, I want to meet our nephew."

We arrive at the hospital an hour later, giving them a little more time to themselves. Charlie was beyond excited to meet her nephew and it was the sweetest thing.

After finding a car park we make our way through the doors and to the private birthing suites. Lane had already given us the room number and directions so we didn't need to stop and ask anyone for help.

We arrive at the door and Charlie knocks softly, then pushes the door open. Shay is sitting up in bed, holding her son in her arms and Lane is sitting next to them, watching over them both with a smile.

"Hi." Charlie whispers.

"Hey," Shay whispers back.

"Is he asleep?" She questions as we make our way over.

"Yeah, he's just fallen back asleep now."

Charlie learns over and looks at him. "Oh my god, he's so beautiful."

"Do you want to hold him?" Lane asks as he takes him from Shay.

"Of course I do." Charlie smiles and holds her arms open. She takes the baby into her arms and rocks him gently, smiling down at him it's clear she's holding back tears. "He's so beautiful." She whispers and looks back at Lane. "What did you name him?"

 "What did you name him?"

"Easton." He grins. "There is no cool meaning behind it like there was with us, we just liked the name."

"I think it's perfect."

I shake Lanes hand and then give Shay a hug before turning my attention back to Charlie. Watching her with Easton is something I can honestly say I've never seen before. She looks so perfect holding him, so natural, so motherly.

"She's a natural huh?" Lane grins from next me. "Don't go getting any ideas though." He nudges me.

" He nudges me