the one with the chick magnet

"Hi grumpy." you said and he opened his eyes to look up at you peering down at him.

"Y/n, sorry, I didn't realise it was you." he said and sat up.

"It's fine. Sorry I woke you up from your beauty nap. You said you have something to tell me...?"

"Oh shit, yeah...." he scratched his neck and looked over at you. You bit your lip and smiled. He noticed and frowned.

"What?" he asked.

"My best friend is so hot," you said playfully, "look at you with your cute hair and your extra deep voice and your sleepy eyes. Any girl would be lucky to wake up to all that and your grumpiness." you said smiling stupidly but happily for the chick magnet that was your best friend.

"Hey, stop daydreaming about me. I have to tell you something important, okay?"

You nodded suddenly sheepish when he nervously gulped.

He took a few moments to think out his words before blurting them out.

"I think I'm in love with you..."

"What?" you said suddenly taken by surprise by his words.

"I know, it's probably weird for you to hear..."

"What?" you sounded a bit mad now.

He stared at you, glancing down at his lap once before meeting your eyes again.

"What do you expect me to say to that?"

"I just-" he looked sad.

"I-I can't..." you paused as he looked at you, hands in his lap, "You can't."

"Y/n-" he interrupted quickly.

"You have no idea what your friendship means to me..." you said unsure what to say.

"I can't, you know that, I'm with Jungkook, I love him, Tae." you were shaking slightly, "And I love you too, but I didn't mean to make you misinterpret our friendship..." he avoided your intense watching of his face.

"I know you're with him but I thought, we would maybe, I don't know, have a chance..."

"Tae, you know I can't..."

"Yep, I understand" he said, shutting down on you. He had just been rejected by you.

You couldn't expect him to do anything else.

"Tae, I don't think you really love me romantically..." you said, your mind picking at this random confession. This was too sudden and unlike him.

"I do...?" He said in a confused mumble.

"Are you sure? Do you get butterflies when we talk, or when we hug, do you want to be by my side forever and hold me all the time?"

He stared at the ground.

"I think you love the idea of me, Taehyung, we're best friends, not lovers. Who even put this idea in your head?" you knew he wouldn't come up with this realisation by himself.

"Yoongi hyung said-"

"Where is he?"

"In his studio...why?" you were already moving in the direction of Yoongi's studio.

You knocked on the door and got no reply. Taehyung was behind you, confused, a lost puppy.

You knocked again.

"Yoongi!" you whined outside the door and instantly heard footsteps.

The door swung open and he looked down at you then up at Tae behind you, expression flat and unfazed.

"What?" he asked coldly but really he was concerned at you knocking at his door, he always was, even if he didn't show it.

"Let's talk." you said pushing past him and into his studio.

He made eye contact with Taehyung, silently questioning what you were on about but Taehyung just shrugged.

Yoongi went to close the door on Taehyung but you stopped him with your words from your seat in Yoongi's swivel chair.

"Him too."

Yoongi closed the door as they both came to stand in the room.

"What is this about?" Yoongi questioned.

"Explain to Taehyung that he isn't in love with me."

"What?"

"You told him he was in love with me." you said calmly to the older man with his hands in his pockets. Your inner Namjoon had come out. You were figuring this out logically.

Taehyung was just standing there awkwardly as if his parents were arguing.

"No, I told him he likes you, not loves you. Aish, Taehyung" Yoongi rolled his eyes at the boys misinterpretation of his words.

"Taehyung, see you aren't in love with me. You made me freak out for no reason!" you scoffed out annoyed by the stress he had put on you with his words.

"I thought that's what hyung meant!" he defended.

"No, I only meant that you were interested in her, you would know if you were in love."

"Oh..." Taehyung felt a bit bad.

"Tae," you grabbed his hand from where you sat in front of them both, "Even if you like me or not, please don't expect me to be yours, I'm in love with Jungkook and you know that."

"You're in love with Jungkook?" Yoongi spat out.

You dropped Taes hand and stared at the other boy. Taehyung was in his head trying to figure out if he liked you or if he just wanted a girlfriend.

"Y-yeah." you stumbled over your words.

"Wow, maknae must have game." he said with a soft smirk at your stuttering. You never stuttered when talking to Yoongi so he knew you were being truthful.

"You can't tell him Yoon. Please."

"I won't and neither will you Taehyung, hmm?" Tae nodded quickly.

"Thanks guys, now give me a hug." you said standing up and opening your arms wide to them both. They both hugged you, a head on each of your shoulders.

ー▪︎○▪︎ー
just for clarification:
Taehyung doesn't know if he likes y/n for sure YET....
they are still best friends and none of this will change their friendship before all of you go "won't it be weird" n shit, no it won't, this is based off my real life experiences and sorry I unpublished this a few seconds after posting it so that I could add this a/n in
anyways thx for 419k already somehow :)))