Sleepless

I woke up to the sound of the front door closing. Glancing to the clock it was 3.45 am. I groaned a little but sat up in bed. I turned on the light on my night stand rubbing some sleep out of my eyes. I heard the door opening and my girlfriend of two years came in the room looking like a ghost. "Oh shit, did I wake you", she mumbled. I shook my head no. She shuffled to bed and let herself fall face down. I heard her sigh in content. "Are you hungry", I asked her knowing she barely eats when she is stressed and working all day. "No but also yes but then I want to sleep and then I know I can't because of my head not wanting to shut up", she rambled now facing me. I laid right next to her propped myself up on my elbow. With the other hand I massaged her temples. Her eyelids dropped only to open again. "I need to be up at 8 for a studio session", she said. "Babe, calm down! You need to rest. You are exhausted. If you keep up like this you will be sick", I told her. I knew Hailee was a perfectionist and she loves her job that comes along with her fans and great opportunities. But sometimes she needed to be stopped to take care of herself and relax just a little. "But I promised my fans new music. And finding other words for soon is way harder than you think", she replied. I chuckled. "I think they can wait a little longer knowing that you needed some time off", I told her. She groaned. "Come on, let's get you out of these clothes", I said quietly. "I just need five minutes then I'm all yours", she whispered half asleep. I sat up properly starting to undress her. By the end she was already fast asleep. I brushed some hair out of her face and started to remove her makeup. The bags under her eyes became visible and just then I saw how much Hailee needed some rest. I tugged her in bed and folded her clothes. I went downstairs to get her one of those fruit bars for when she gets hungry. I grabbed her phone texting her mom that it was probably the best if Hailee wouldn't work tomorrow because of the lack of sleep and exhaustion. She texted me right away saying she will take care of it and to greet her daughter once she was up. I smiled when I noticed Hailee snuggling up to me. "Hungry", I heard her mumble. I gave her the snack I brought and she nibbled on it. "Finish it", I told her. "But no", she whined. I grabbed it from her hands and fed it to her. "I could get used to this", she said. "Don't get too cocky now, Steinfeld", I told her. She smiled. She finished eating. " Have I told you how much I love you", she talked. I blushed a little. "Have I told you that you need to sleep more", I replied. She rolled her eyes. "Ruined the moment", she mumbled and I giggled. "I love you, too", I said and a lazy smile made its way up her face. I kissed her cheek. "Go to sleep, babe. You need it", I whispered running my hand through her hair. Her eyes fluttered close. "Yup, definitely love you", she whispered. "I texted your mom. You have a day off tomorrow", I told her. "Hmmm", she said almost asleep. I gave her a kiss on her forehead. I turned off the light and made myself comfortable. "I love you so much", I whispered to my sleeping girlfriend caressing her cheek. I saw her smile a little and with that I went to sleep.