38. Sweet Mornings, Sweethearts

The light trickled through the window, nudging Jiah and causing her to open one eye

The light trickled through the window, nudging Jiah and causing her to open one eye. She wasn't used to waking up with this much sunlight, and so opening the other eye, she searched the room in confusion. The window spanning the full wall and the beautiful view of the city at dawn through the glass wasn't something she had ever seen before.

Turning over in her spot, her gaze fell to the figure beside her. There, underneath the duvet with her was the most gorgeous man she had ever seen. With one arm outstretched and settled underneath her head so that she was laying on his bicep and the other arm softly resting on her waist.

She felt so safe here, in his embrace.

With the streaks of light pouring through the glass and illuminating his skin, there was a beautiful glow to him. His features were much softer in his sleep, the usual intimidating aura that he exudes was now replaced with a calm, delicate appearance. The lines that usually creased his brow was instead a youthful image that matches others of their age.

Jiah wondered how it was that he could hold up so well, knowing he was not spending his youth like others.

He looked peaceful. The slow, shallow breaths he was taking made his chest rise and fall slowly, much like a little kid sleeping in his mother's lap.

Just as the thought crossed her mind, her eyes dropped to his bare skin below the blanket, and her breathing hitched. With the help of the sun, his skin resembled that of smooth caramel and Jiah longed to touch it, run a hand over his shoulder. Instead, she opted for snuggling in closer to him, sliding her arm over his torso, his skin hot against hers.

With her head still resting on him, she inched her chin upwards, not being able to stop herself from placing small kisses on his jaw.

Not too long after, however, Taehyung's own eyes slowly opened, after a smile started to form on his lips with the feel of her lips against his skin.

"Good morning, sweetheart," he whispered, seeing Jiah resting her head on his arm. He couldn't help but gush at how divine she looked in the morning. Her eyes were a lovely whisky, the colour of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn. How such a tint could play with the light, like peering at the sun through a jar of pine honey.

Trying not to hurt her, he slipped his arm that was against the bed further downwards under her, hugging her waist. While they were already only inches away from each other, he made it so that there was no space in between.

"Good morning," she replied, her voice thick with desire, "How was your sleep?"

"Best I've had in years," he admitted, his breath on her cheek, "Completely forgot I'm sleeping with the mafia."

With a sudden jolt, she leaned back, eyes that were just filled with lust now replaced with worry.

"Too soon?" he asked, tightening his hold on her and bringing her back closer to him, "Don't worry, I love you."