away || Damian Wayne

A/N: I miss my family, that's about it hahaha.

Warning(s): none.

An AU and short drabble where Damian studies abroad and missing his family.

::

It had been quite some time since Damian had seen his family, the place his father had provided for him to make him comfortable when he was away was too big.

His mother, Mrs. Wayne, had placed frames of their family pictures together. In his room, in the living room, kitchen, study room, gym, even bathroom.

He could have just fly back to Gotham, meet his family again, stay for a while... but then he wouldn't want to come back and finish his study.

Hey, Damian might be hardheaded most of the time, but he's got feelings too. He was always, low-key, soft when it came to his family.

He was missing the stupid noises Dick would make when he was playing with their little baby sibling and the little baby sibling themselves. He bet they could walk around now.

He remembered the time where he had to take care of them, change their— he cringed at the memory— poop filled diapers, wash them and to his surprise, their midnight crying.

He was missing the thrill of patrolling outside with his father, he couldn't really do it now for the town he was in was safe. Sure, he saw stuff happened here and there but nothing too major. He also missed training with him and Alfred.

Alfred, he missed his cookings. Nothing tasted as good as the dishes Alfred would always serve for them on the dining table. The butler texted Damian the recipes to his dishes but Damian sucked at cooking.

Jason and Tim, yeah he missed them too. The stupid revving of Jason's  noisy bike and the sound of Tim typing like a madman in his room.

He grunted.

Then his ummi. His mother.

He missed her hugs, her gorgeous smiles, the way she babied him even though he's 18. They all still talked, but it was different compared to talking to them face to face. To actually be able to touch them.

He missed the smell of the manor, even though he had put the exact same flowers they had in the manor, it was somehow not the same.

"Damian?" He heard his father's voice calling him from the screen.

His green eyes shifted to see his mother's concerned face and his siblings' confused expression.

"You were spacing out," Dick pointed out. They were all crowding in the bat-cave, video calling him. The men were all in their suits, ready to patrol.

Damian narrowed his eyes in response, "no."

Then Jason decided to chime in, "he misses ma," he smirked, "don't worry, ma misses you too."

Clicking his tongue, he hid the feelings that were probably reflected in his eyes by shifting them away from the camera, hand lazily covering his lower face, covering his lips that twitched into a smile.

He knew his family knew what he was feeling.

The youngest Wayne glanced at his family again, he saw the brothers arguing, Alfred shaking his head, Bruce just chilling in the back with Mrs. Wayne who was smiling awkwardly with a little toddler in her arms.

He couldn't wait to see them again in another two years.

::

Not romance but, hahaha, tell me what you guys think.