Chapter 4

After Keefe stopped jumping around, screaming like a banshee, and making our bodyguards think we were getting brutally murdered (they were outside the whole time - I swear I turned into a fire truck), we just started talking. I guess that's the good thing about liking someone, you can talk about almost anything and not feel awkward.

For me, that is just about impossible to do with anybody else.

We were talking about hyenas (don't ask) when my imparter rang.

I look down and see that it was Oralie. All the memories from earlier came right back at me. The cache. The battle. The warning. Me.

I look outside and see that it is really dark. Keefe came over in the middle of the day. Oh no, I've wasted so much time.

I visibly pale. Being around Keefe distracted me (and I am forever grateful) but I have responsibilities. I am the queen. Now is not the time to have fun. I have to plan and—

"SOPHIE!!" Keefe screams in my face, cutting of my thoughts. "Are you okay? You just blanked out when you saw the imparter. Also, you are really pale. Not as pale as the time your almost faded away, but still, really pale. You're as pale as when I woke up after Gisela put in that stone thing."

Oh yeah, that. They had just told me that he might not wake up. Right when they did, he woke up. Great timing, Keefe. The only thing that changed was that now he can block his empathy (like he did earlier) and that he can feel anyone's  emotion without touching them. Like I said, he is crazy powerful. I think he is hiding something though. What if—

"SOPHIE" He yells in my face, again. "You did it again." He says, obviously getting worried.

I shake my head as if to clear my thoughts. "Don't worry about it." I say while picking up my imparter and hailing Oralie.

After three seconds, she picks up and says, "Come to my place, now."

A/N: Sorry, another short chapter. Thank you sooooo much for actually commenting and voting. Thank you for the question on where the bodyguards are. That question is the only reason I put the bodyguards in this chapter. Thank you for saying that this book deserves a thousand votes, I literally almost cried. I have read every single comment, and each one made me really happy. If you want, I can do a shoutout (it's not like it'll do any good because barely anybody reads this), I can do one of those things that I answer questions (I blanked out on what it's called), or none of the above. Thank you soooo much.

For those people who are just like me and skipped my whole rant thingy and just read this one part, thanks.

For those who actually read it all, thanks (again).
- Natalie