Chapter Twelve.

Chapter 12.

Me? A performer?

I was absolutely gobsmacked that Alex thought that I was good enough to be a performer. I knew I had to move out sometime soon, as the babies were getting older and being a performer would be able to bring enough money for the children and me.

I didn't even have to think twice before making my decision.

"Yes."

_

[ Ryan's P.O.V ]

"Come on man, what are doing here? It's been years since she left and here you are in her room, still crying!" Jace said from the door way of my baby sister's room.

I wiped the stray tear from my cheek and sat up from her bed. Although it has been many years since Sophia left, it hasn't been easy. I miss her more than anything and I wish I could tell her how sorry I really am. I miss her rare laughs and smiles, her voice, that cute way her nose used to scrunch up when she saw something she didn't like. I miss everything about her.

But the worst part has to be not knowing whether she was alive or not. I just wish she would send us a letter or something telling us that she was fine, but to be honest, I don't expect her to.

. . .Not after how we treated her.

A lot has changed since she left. We now have a Luna, Nicole- although she is a total bitch, but we can't say anything to her.

Nicole is now pregnant, but she complains about it everything single second of her life, telling us how she's rather die than be pregnant again, because apparently, she looks too fat and none of her nice clothes fit her anymore. But of course, she meant slutty clothes by that.

But I doubt the baby is even Chase's. She's still whoring around like she used to but Chase is too blinded in love to see that. Sometimes, she even checks out guys in front of Chase and he doesn't even notice. But Chase is too desperate to be a father that he silences anyone who even thinks about him not being the father of the unborn baby.

Ever since Sophia had left, Chase had turned a lot quieter, only keeping to himself and when his father started pressuring him to mate- as the pack desperately needed a Luna, he finally mated and marked Nicole.

He seemed so depressed and hollow, even after his mating, which was very unlike him. But now that Nicole is pregnant, after a lot of persuading from his part, he seems to be finally coming out his shell more. Like today, he came up to us and actually started joking around, which he hadn't done it years now. I was happy for him.

I am a lot happier now that I had found my mate. I met Rebecca about a year ago and she is now the Beta Female. I first saw her when she moved here from New York, and I was instantly in love with her. If Sophia was here, they would've been best friends, I know that for sure.

Becca doesn't know who Sophia is and has never asked me, but I know she wants to. I don't want her to know who Sophia is because then she'll ask where she is and if she does, we have to answer her truthfully, then she would want to know why she left and why. And I know that Becca would leave me if she found out what we did to Sophia, who is my own flesh and blood. And I couldn't bear the thought of her leaving me.

My parents are worse than ever now. My mother is extremely sick as her wolf is dying. If any werewolf's wolf die, the human part automatically dies as well, as your wolf dying is like your soul being ripped out.

My dad is devastated by this and nowadays, he's just with my mum, holding her hand and talking to her while she is resting on the bed. After the doctor told us that she hasn't got much time left, dad is making more effort to spend as much time with her as possible to make up for all those years of being separated. He is so depressed, but I know mom is trying her best to make him feel better.