; CHAPTER 6 ; - I'll be okay, as long as you're here.

He feels better. Its been slow recovery again, but..

It's been four months. Four months since he decided that death would be the best option. He was wrong, though.

Things went by nicely. He could walk, but not without crutches. It was very rare if he could, but even then he didn't really want to take the risk. He felt that he should have them with him at most, if not all times in order to truely feel secure. At least, until he was more confident in his body strength.

He had to take the last year of his high school year with Jotaro, the school permitted his skip ahead because his grades were still very much phenomenal. Being a quick learner came with perks of its own.

It was currently November, chilled air blowing in a soft breeze through the open window of the art room on the top floor. Jotaro had cleaning duty, so he was waiting for him to finish up that before walking on. He and Jotaro had become much closer, which he was grateful for. Jotaro had become unusually clingy towards him, though with what happened he wasn't surprised. And if he was being honest, he didn't.. really mind it.

He realized how much he actually felt for Jotaro in the hospital, waking up for the second time after he went into ANOTHER coma, and them being together almost the entire time was enough for him to truly understand his feelings. It was strange to like another man. Jotaro would probably just push him away like everyone else, call him disgusting.. they were just friends. Nothing more. Hell, Jotaro probably wasn't even interested in a relationship.. but Kakyoin can't help but fantasize what it'd be like, to hold hands, lay with him, kiss him.. were his lips soft? His own were, he knew that; he always used chapstick to keep them from cracking.. did he do the same—

"Nori." Jotaro's deep voice fills the room, causing Kakyoin to jump a little. An embarrassed blush crosses his cheeks as he drops the paints he had in hand, watching them splatter across the tile. "Don't scare me like that!" He laughed, legs wobbly as he stood up to grab a towel. He then crouched and placed his knees against the floor, starting to clean. "Tch—Don't hurt yourself trying to clean it, have you seen the rest of the floor?" Jotaro comments, walking over. Kakyoin only chuckles; he was right, there was paint everywhere.. but still, he was a clean freak. If he spilt something, or seen something he could clean, he'd do it.

"I'll be okay, Jojo. It's just a small mess." He said and stared up at him with a small smile, finishing up a few moments after. "Gh—can you help me up?" He holds a hand out and Jotaro clicks his tongue again at him, pulling him up with ease and handing him his crutches. "Thanks," He starts, walking to the sink and placing the palette in it before turning back around, "how was class? Good I suppose?" This earns an eye roll from the ravenette.

"It's class, how good can it be?" Jotaro remarks, his hand digging around in his pocket for the pack of cigarettes he kept on him. Opening it, he counted how many there were; 3. "I guess it was alright though. We need to stop by the corner store."

"I.. thought I was feeling twinges of pain—maybe I cut it when we crashed..?" Kakyoin rubs his bloodied wrist off with the handkerchief he kept in his pocked; but the sight of what seemed to be lettering caught his attention.

"Gah-! What's this?!" He blinks. It read.. "Baby... stand..? But—but how did they..? What does this mean?" He notices its his handwriting-or, well, carving. Odd. "I.. don't remember anything.. did I do this to myself..?"

The baby is giving him such a strange look. He can't help hut to feel a surge of anxiousness run through his body. He moves on his own. Its coming together, the baby HAS to be a stand user! Why else would he deliberately cut those words into himself, let alone not remember them?!