Part 24

"We're here!" the cute boy walking beside you sang cheerfully, stopping in front of the door to a small cafe.

Only a few minutes had passed since you left to go on your lunch 'date', however you were so overcome with nerves that it felt like you had been walking forever.

Trying your best to hide your blushing face beneath your hair, you took a deep breath in as you awkwardly shimmied past Taemin, who was holding the door open for you.

As your eyes adjusted to the dim lights inside the small cafe, you were sure you must have walked past this place a number of times before.

This place is adorable!

You immediately noted the mismatched china cups hanging on old antique hooks above the coffee machine, and the patchwork quilts that were loosely hugging the walls, smiling to yourself from the warm and cozy atmosphere that was jumping out to embrace you.

The bells on the door chimed delicately as Taemin closed it behind him, alerting the elderly woman dozing off behind the counter of your presence, but instead of greeting you like any regular customer, her face almost welled up in happiness at the sight of the pair of you.

"Oh, my boy! It's so good to see you!" She gushed with excitement from across the small cafe.

Huh...

Do they know each other..?

"Ajumma! I'm sorry I didn't visit earlier!" he called back to her, his face displaying the most perfect and sincere smile you'd literally ever seen.

"Now now, don't be silly!" She insisted, standing up from her stool and walking out from behind the counter. "You look so skinny! My boy, have you been eating??"

You couldn't help but giggle at the cute exchange that was going on before you, your small laughs quickly attracting the attention of the elderly lady.

She pulled her glasses from out of her blouse pocket, holding them up to her face to get a good look at you, nodding her head in some kind of approval.

"My my. You're very pretty aren't you!" She said, making her way from around the counter.

You could feel your face instantly flush bright red at her comment, your crippling self-esteem making you one to never take a compliment seriously or handle being held under a spotlight by any means.

Of course, she's just saying that to be polite...

Or maybe her glasses are broken.

She swiftly grabbed two menus from the front counter and showed the two of you to a cozy table in the corner of the cafe, before walking back to the kitchen to allow you some time to decide your order.

As your eyes scanned across the cafe's menu, you could feel your stomach rumbling loudly from the sudden realization that you skipped breakfast this morning.

You cleared your throat in the hopes of masking your stomach's complaints, your mouth salivating the more you fantasized about all the different food combinations.

"Hungry?" Taemin piped up after a minute of silence.

Starving actually...

Of course you were, but you were far too afraid to admit that.

It's difficult having an appetite when you're in the presence of someone who belongs in a god damn fairy tale...

The very thought of eating right in front of him and spilling food everywhere like the messy eater that you are, or getting something stuck in your teeth without knowing all just seemed far too...