A normal life

" There is a one to a million chance he might be your future mate"

This is what Vicky said a couple of years ago. It was such an irony. Teddy's true mate was him, not Sirius.

Sirius sighed, making his way towards his room, heaviness pressing against his chest. It was such a long day and he wished nothing more than a night of peaceful sleep. However, as he passed Vicky's room, he heard a couple of muffled sniffs. And no mere sniffs, but Teddy's.

Sirius stopped on the spot, turning all his attention towards his brother's room. To his surprise, he could hear only a single succession of heartbeats echoing from the other side... and those were belonging exclusively to Teddy.

"Teddy?" Sirius asked, opening the door to Vicky's room, feeling-no, knowing, that something was off.

Teddy was sitting on Vicky's bed, a letter hanging between his fingers and his head hung low, shaking slightly.

"Is there something wrong?" Sirius asked more concerned, entering the room and making his way on the bed next to Teddy. The bear shifter flinched slightly, rubbing his nose with a sniff before rising his head to face Sirius.

"Uhm... your brother left the clan this evening. He left behind a letter saying he wanted a normal life and it was too dangerous for him to build a family here into the clan."

Sirius frowned, feeling a spark of anger flame into his chest.

"He is your mate." He said, looking at the letter which now Teddy was crumbling between his fingers.

"Yes..." The bear shifter said, averting his gaze and linking his palms together in front of his lap.

"He- He knew you were his mate?"

Teddy hummed a husky "yes", feeling his heart squeeze into the claws of merciless pain.

"And he left you..."

One silent nod was all it took for Sirius to stand up and start pacing around the room. He cussed and swore, throwing Vicky's things against the walls and destroying everything which came into his way. And he looked so furios, so enraged and dangerous, being more feral than Teddy had ever seen him before.

"Dammit!" Sirius screamed, walking his hand through his hair madly before proceeding towards Teddy and catching him in a breathtaking embrace.

"I am sorry, Teddy! I also lost my mate and I know how you must feel right now. You don't deserve anything from what has been happening to you."

Teddy's eyes widened, pulling away from Sirius' calming embrace to look at him in shock...shock because of the revelation and shock because the heartless leader was hugging him.

"You also lost your mate?"

Sirius nodded, sitting next to Teddy and looking into his blue, seraphic eyes sadly.

"I never had him to begin with. When I turned eighteen, the pull I was supposed to feel towards my mate was already broken. All I could see was his death running before my eyes. He died the same day I was born."

Teddy flinched, taking him all he could not to burst out into a river of tears.

"I am so sorry! I never knew about it!"

"No one knew. I pretended not to feel a pull. I pretended to be mateless."

"You however," Sirius said, pressing his hand on Teddy's thigh reassuringly, "still have a chance to get Vicky back. I will talk with my father, find out where my brother left and I will take you to him to talk things out.

...we will bring that snake back to you."

The next day, Sirius and Teddy were sitting in a red truck in front of an average looking building where Vicky's flat was supposed to be. They were staying in complete silence, no one daring to break the other out of his thoughts.

"Well, I won't come in with you, solidare. This is your war you have to fight. I am waiting for you to return victorious." Sirius said jokingly when the silence became too much to bear, petting Teddy's shoulder and offering him a small, comforting smile.

"Thank you!" The bear shifter whispered hoarsely, still confused how the cruel man could be so sweet and understanding all of a sudden. It must be because he went through similar things before.

Waiting a few more minutes, Teddy decided it was time to finally go and talk with Vicky. He looked at Sirius for a last reassuring smile and then climbed out of the car, proceeding onto the street and towards his mate's simple looking building.

When he was far enough Sirius' smile dropped and his shoulders sagged, his head collapsing onto the steering wheel while his mouth released a gutural grunt.

"God dammit!"

  **:..:**:..:**

     "Teddy? What are you doing here?" Vicky asked as he opened the entrance door of his apartment, looking at his mate with wide, guilty eyes.

      Teddy stiffened, taking in Vicky's appearance. He was dressed in a pair of white underwear, with a matching white shirt and a messy bun on top of his head. His skin was glowing and eyes were shimmering, looking even more perfect than Teddy had remembered.

      "Why?" He finally asked, averting his gaze and clenching his fists by his sides. "Why did you leave without telling me we are mates?"

      Vicky closed the door behind Teddy, crossing his arms around his chest as he leaned against the wall.

      "I knew you were gonna try and make me stay. Every time I joked about leaving the Clan and taking you with me, I was actually trying to see  if I could persuade you into coming with me. But you'd be so adamant into becoming the best warrior and protecting the clan I couldn't take that away from you..."

       "Still, it isn't fair! It isn't fucking fair, Vicky!"

      "I know... I know and I am truthfully sorry,Teddy!"

       "But don't you feel the pull? Don't you feel like it is breaking you apart when we are far away from each other? I promise to protect you, Vicky! I promise to offer you a normal life, kids, a home. Just come back with me, please!"

      "I can't do that, Teddy! I won't come back into the Clan no matter what you tell me" Vicky shook his head vigorously, looking at Teddy with so much determination it almost hurt the bear shifter. "I want a life away from the clan and I know you won't be able to offer it it to me. You won't leave Cambodda for me, will you?"

      Teddy loved his mate, but he couldn't turn his back to the people who saved him and offered him a home.

      "No..."

       "Then I  sorry, Teddy, but I, Vicky Yahontov, have to reject you as my mate."

     I am sorry if this went too fast, I will continue the drama in the next chapter.

     Any feedbacks?