Chapter 12

Pan POV

I sat on the log with my hands crossed. I was leaning over and had my weight on my elbows which were resting on my knee. Hook sat opposite to me on the log that Meg was rested up against. Her face was flat and had no light or energy in it like it usually does. Her hair was covering half of her face and her head was leaned back against the log. Morning was coming so the sky was turning a dark blue instead of the pitch black it is at night. I looked around and played with my fingers awkwardly. I looked over at Hook and he was glaring at me. I shifted my weight.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted my only daughter with you." He sneered.

"This wasn't my fault. I told you what happened." I sighed in frustration.

"But I trusted her with you and look where we are now." Hook threw his arms up.

"Well who's fault is that?" I glared at him.

"Yours! You were her protector! I trusted her with YOU!" Hook boomed. His face was turned blood red, and his hair was slightly ruffled.

"I tried to protect her! She slipped away from me." I sighed.

Hook grunted mockingly.
"Slipped away? Of course you didn't push her into your path to take the hit because she was my family and you wanted to get back at me for what happened hundreds of years ago."

"Are you crazy?!? Meg is my true love! I don't even care about Taylor anymore!" I yelled in frustration.

"WELL I DO! SHE WAS MY DAUGHTER!" Hook boomed. He kept the death glare on his face while I replied.

"Look....I am sorry about what happened to her. But, that wasn't my fault either. Let's not forget that you were right beside me when that monster took her." I sighed.

Hook took a deep breath. "My daughter, Taylor, was better than you will ever be. She was nice, generous, thoughtful, and courageous." Hook took a short breath. "Even though we weren't blood related, she was family."
"I am sorry about her." I sighed. "But you have Meg now." I looked over at Megs beautiful face.

Looking at her made me think of Taylor. The teenage runaway hid on Hooks ship in order to escape her violent father. Hook of course took her in and raised her as her own. She was the toughest "pirate" on the Jolly Rogger. Hook even let her steer one time.

They came to Neverland one day. While I was have an argument with Hook, she slipped away and got captured by a monster that many have heard about, but have never seen. It lives on the total opposite side of the island. I haven't laid eyes on it and I have been here for a loonnngg time. Taylor wasn't the beast first victim. I lost one of my boys to that beast.

I will never forget the look on Hooks face when Taylor didn't return.

"Does Meg remind you of her?" I asked. Hook was surprised by my question.

"Yea.." He responded. I was surprised he opened up and told me.

"She reminds me of her too." I sighed and looked down at Meg. Her tan body was laying lifelessly against the dirt and leaves on the forest floor. I wish we where in the treehouse in her small, tight hammock cuddling.

"You know what? I have no idea why I trusted you with her. As soon as she wakes up, we are going back to Stroybrook.......alone." Hook snapped all of a sudden.

I clinched my fist and looked at Hook.
I can't believe he wants to take away the thing I love. I guess he doesn't know how I feel about her.

"I love her." I whispered under my breath.

"What did you say lad?" Hook growled.

"I love her!" I yelled at his face.
Hook was taken aback by my sudden outburst. His face went from 'I want to kill you' to 'wow lad I didn't know you felt that way'.

"Wow...." Hook scratched the back of his neck.

I took a deep breath and stood up. I went over to where Meg was laying and sat next to her body. The whole time Hook was looking at me and scratching his neck.

"What are you doing lad?" He smirked.

"I'm just going to wait with her until Emma gets back." I sighed and looked down at at Meg. Her hair was over her face. I pushed it back behind her ear so I could see her face. Her eyes where shut and her mouth was clamped closed.

"Uhh....ok.." Hook trailed off. He put his leg on the log and rested all his weight on his elbow which he placed on his knee.

I swear he tries to look like he is the captain of the titanic 24/7.

I rested my chin on my knees. A swirl like a tornado went through my head full of thoughts. I remembered all my good times with Meg, and all our bad times. I wish I could be the perfect man for her, but right now I am holding her as she is in a deep sleep. How could I be so stupid? Yea, I tried to protect her, but how could I let her slip away?
I felt tears coming to my eyes.
I hope Emma comes back with Gold, cause if she doesn't, I loose the one thing I care about most.

-////-////-///-////-////-////-////-////-////-
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*******************************************
A/N: sorry it's been a while since I updated.

How do you feel about this story?
Leave your comments below!
(: = good comments about it
:( = suggestions/ I don't like it.

:)

:(