Chapter 140 - The End Of An Arc

Walking down the hall, the young girl's hips swayed while she walked. Moving to the rhythm of the music in her ears, she sucked on the cherry lollipop in her mouth while humming a song.

The sound of clicking heels could be perceived in the distance, but the girl lost in her world hadn't heard.

"Ms. Mimi," A woman's voice spoke up nearby.

Mimi's lips curled up into a smirk but vanished when she turned around, her face expressionless. Senior Su stood before her, words escaping her mouth, but unheard by Mimi and instead replaced by music.

"Ms. Mimi?" Noting how the girl wasn't responding to her words, Senior Su frowned.

When she saw the headphones in her ears and the blank look on her face, Senior Su could conclude the girl couldn't hear her.

Although she was irritated by her attitude, Senior Su didn't express it. With a light sigh in her heart, Senior Su motioned her hands toward her ears.

Mimi raised an eyebrow, but she didn't make it difficult for her and removed the headphones from her ears. Sucking on her lollipop and hands on her hips, she waited for the woman to speak.

"May I have a bit of your time?" Senior Su's tone was polite.

Mimi made a humming sound and followed Senior Su out of the area to a resting area. Sitting at the table while Senior Su prepared the two cups of coffee, Mimi watched quietly. Once she finished, Senior Su walked over and passed her a cup of coffee.

"I diluted the bitterness for you. Here's some sugar and cream if it's still too much." She passed her a cup of creamer and sugar packets.

Mimi nodded but remained silent as she took the cup of coffee and sugar packets. An awkward silence ensued, causing Senior Su's expression to stiffen.

The only sound heard was the ripped sugar packets Mimi opened and poured into her coffee. The cool mask Senior Su wore slowly disappeared the longer she watched.

How many sugar packets did she need? Moreover, she was certain the coffee wasn't that bitter, she had even toned down the flavor!

Only after emptying ten sugar packets did Mimi drink her coffee. After that, the two of them sat in silence once more. In contrast to Senior Su's cracking mask, Mimi remained expressionless while sipping her sugared coffee.

Finally, Senior Su broke the silence; she cleared her throat to gloss over the awkward silence, "Ms. Mimi, the truth is I've called you out because I wish to apologize to you. As a senior and your superior, I've found my past actions toward you to be rather inappropriate."

"Oh." Mimi sipped her coffee.

Senior Su saw she wasn't affected by her words and could only say, "I've heard from Jinny how you've treated her and I want to thank you for taking care of her."

Mimi's movements paused. She looked up at Senior Su doubtfully.

Holy shit, she almost spat out her coffee. Taking care of her? If ordering the small woman around and voicing words of ridicule to her was considered taking care of her, then she was a saint!

That or Jinny was a masochist. Mimi preferred the previous theory. After all, it made her seem like a saint. While Mimi's thoughts ran wild, Senior Su saw her movements stop, but her expression remained blank.

"I hope we can put bad feelings aside and start over."

Tilting her head to one side, Mimi asked, "Who said I harbored bad feelings?"

Senior Su was speechless. Was she playing dumb...or did she mean what she said? She gazed at Mimi's cold expression and felt doubtful. Looking back at her past actions, Senior Su couldn't help but think she was playing dumb.