Chapter 29

We're sitting around doing absolutely nothing. At the safehouse, no less. I don't think I've ever felt worse than this moment. But Blake says we have to wait for Xavier. We need help if we want to do anything useful.

A few hours into waiting, Sasha sends a video message. Blake doesn't let us see it, but when he comes back, well, I don't think I've ever seen him angrier then he's was at that moment.

We all tried pestering him. Trying to get him to tell us something, anything. But he wouldn't budge from his stand.

A while after that, another video from Sasha came in, and shortly thereafter, Xavier called. When Blake came back, he sat the five of us down and told us what was going on.

"Look, I'm sorry for not telling any of you what was going on. I just wanted to tell you all of the information in one go, and not stretch it out. Now that Mia and Xavier have landed, we can actually do something about the different situations." Blake told us

Ok, now he was definitely stalling telling us. Blake never gave explanations. "Spit it out, Blake. What's going on?"

"Sasha and some others were still trying to figure out exactly who, took over the HQ back at home." My mouth dropped open.

"What happened to my parents? And Ryan?" Chloe asked.

"They were taken. Along with Alan, Maggie, Albert, my parents and Xavier's mother. And other agents, obviously. They're all being held in the ballroom. And, as of seven minutes ago, Sasha announced that she was going to take hostages." Blake to a big breath. "Mia's coming here. She's going to take over the operation from this end. I'm going to go home with Xavier. Once we've counted how many people we have, on both ends, we'll let you know what we're doing. And this has to be extremely well planned out, we don't have any more agents to spare. Some other HQs are sparing agents, but there's still a limited number of them."

"What about us?" Nava asked just as I asked, "You're leaving?"

Blake's been with me basically ever since this entire situation began. Well, at least since Sasha and her threats happened. Sure, I've been incredibly annoyed at him at times, but I need him. And I don't want to admit it, but I've started to rely on him.

"They took my parents, I have to go help. Plus, this side of things deals a lot in fashion, something I know basically nothing about. Mia's more suited for the task. Which is why I'm giving up command to her." I nod. I know that if it were my parents, I'd do anything to protect them. Anything.

"What about us?" Nava asks again. I'd honestly forgotten that she was even there. The sweet girl, who has absolutely nothing to do with this, is in trouble because all she wanted to do was help her friends.

"While we're still working on a plan, I'd suggest you, Nava, phone your family and let them know whats going on. It's getting a little bit ridiculous not keeping them in the loop. They deserve to know what's going on." Blake looks directly at her as he says that.

"Are you sure it's wise," Talia asks. "I mean, we don't want them tracking our calls. It may be dangerous."

"She'll call from one of the phones here. Untraceable. Her parents need to know. They deserve to know."

"Excuse me," Nava pipes up, " I don't want my parents involved."

"I don't want them involved either, but at this point, it's a must," Blake says, firmly.

"Ok." Nava reluctantly agrees.

"Wait until Mia gets here. She'll help you out. The girl has a, how to put it, way with words?" He says, slightly chuckling. Chloe and I let out a small smile. How right he is.