$ T H I R T Y • E I G H T $

Clean
~
May 27th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Twentieth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

4:28 pm.

    I sat in front of my father who had a small gift box in his hand. Over these past few months of my father and I spent quite some time with each other. We have been getting closer, whether we liked it or not. I wasn't sure how to confess my pregnancy in the beginning, but there was no point in trying to hide it now since it wasn't possible anymore.

I had to confess now or it would get messier than it already was.

"What is this?" He questions curiously, his eyes darting between my mother and me. "Something I should've given you a long time ago," I murmured. His eyebrows furrowed before he asked permission to unwrap the box. I hesitantly nodded, feeling my mother's hand squeeze mine assuringly.

He opened the box carefully before his hand grasped what was inside. Revealing a pregnancy stick, he looked at it questionably. "Vera. . . ?"

I met his eyes that were filled with questions. "How far along?" He asks quietly. "Five months." I murmured shamefully. His eyes went wide, stunned at the answer.

He clenched his jaw. "Who?"

I gnawed at my lip. "Ezio Valentino?" I whispered as I moved the pillow I was clutching onto the side, revealing my noticeable pregnant belly. His eyes averted between to my bump and my eyes. Abruptly, he stood up and left the room, leaving the pregnancy stick and box.

I felt tears fill my eyes as my mother rubbed my back. "Bruce!" My mother called, but my father didn't reply. I leaned my head into my mother's embrace. She kissed my forehead before saying, "Things are going to get a lot worse for it to get better, my love. Everything will be healed with time." She hummed.

~
May 27th, 2019
East Hampton, New York
The Valentino House

Third P.O.V.

9:49 pm.

    "You were not meant to see that!" Xavier whisper-yelled at Aleksander. Aleksander sat on the edge of the stool in his kitchen in hysteria. "Well, I did!" He retorted. "How could I have not known for all this time?"

Xavier shakes his head in worry. It wasn't supposed to come out this way: He thought. "You can't tell anyone," Xavier explained in a panic tone.

"I can't believe she's been pregnant for five months." Aleksander breathed.

Aleksander and Xavier decided to hang out at the Valentino house after school. They wanted to finish some of their homework, but Xavier needed to grab a textbook from home.

As they were walking to Xavier's bedroom, coincidentally, they found Mr. Bernacelli's office door ajar. Vera announces her pregnancy emphatically which made Xavier pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration. The boys didn't speak another word about it until they were back at the Valentino house.

"Who has been pregnant for five months?" Xavier heard a voice answer. The boys jumped, facing Ezio who was strolling into the kitchen.

Aleksander scoffed. "This model, you wouldn't know her." Aleksander tried to cover up. Ezio crosses his arms. "Try me."

He shook his head. "I'd rather n-not." Aleksander retorted, tripping over his words. Xavier covers his burning face, not being able to handle the second-hand embarrassment.