Chanzator (Mitch x Jake)- Together Again

Mitch's P.O.V.

Home for me was Brisbane, on the outskirts of the city in a quiet neighbourhood where I could exist peacefully, without interruption and without anxiety. Living in the house Lachlan and I had built together specifically for us and our needs made it easy, right on the water with offices, soundproofed for recording, a backyard for Otto and it was modern, a very pretty house.

Jake, however, lived on the other side of the world. He was native to Canada and lived there most of the time, at least when I hadn't convinced him to come and stay with me and Lachy. I honestly think he spent more time in Australia than he did at home each year but I wasn't going to complain- I loved spending time with my boyfriend and I would give everything to have more hours in a day to spend with him.

"Mitch!" My brother called up the stairs, catching my attention. "Come on, we're going to pick up Jake!"

I scrambled down the stairs excitedly and stood, bouncing, at the front door waiting for Lachlan because I had somehow got there before him. I groaned impatiently, rocking on my toes and heels, just excited to see my boyfriend. Lachlan rounded the corner and grinned at me.

"Alright, alright, let's go. We're going to be early you know, leaving any time before now won't make his plane land faster."

"Don't care." I retorted. "I'll go and watch it land, like when we were little."

Lachlan only laughed and nudged me out the door with his hip, locking the door behind us. We were using his car, his precious Tesla, mostly because Lachlan liked to be flashy and picking up Jake in it would be a laugh, although I would have much preferred to go in something more inconspicuous as Lachlan got enough attention as it was.

"Next time we go in my car." I mumbled as I fell into the front seat, strapping in. "And I drive, you're awful." Lachlan rolled his eyes, slamming his door shut.

"Oh shush you, I'm driving you to get your boyfriend. Be more grateful."

But I smiled. He was being sarcastic.

-----------------------------------------------

Just as Lachlan said, we arrived about 15 minutes before Jake's flight would arrive and I impatiently sat in the car in front of the gate, watching other planes landing and pulling into their gates. Lachlan, again, only laughed at me and I glared right back but I knew he knew how I was feeling, he had spent enough time away from Rob to be impatient in the days leading up to his arrival and practically bouncing when his plane landed.

"That must be him there." Lachlan said, pointing at a particularly large plane as it landed. "Buckle up, I'll bring up to the pick up gate."

I nodded quietly, biting my lip because I just wanted to see him again. We had been apart for 3 months now and I had missed him like crazy. We continued to wait and I continued to be impatient, shifting in my seat as we waited for Jake to get through security and get his bags, having already sent him a text informing him that we were there.

The second I saw him approaching the car I flung open the door, bolted out of my seat and threw myself into his arms, making him drop his bag. I practically melted into his arms the second I smelled his familiar scent and I heard his low sigh of happiness as he rested his chin on my shoulder. We stood there for a minute or two, so glad to be back together. Lachlan coughed behind me.

"Alright lovebirds, let's get going. I'm streaming in 45 minutes and would like to get some food before then."

I poked my tongue out at him, like the adult I was, but wiggled my way out of my boyfriends arms to tug him into the backseat. I belted up in the middle seat so I could lean against him and Jake spent the first few minutes with his lips against mine, no words exchanged because none were needed. When he pulled away his head fell on top of mine, our fingers intertwining.

"Missed you Mitch." He whispered, pressing another kiss to my lips, ignoring as Lachlan fake gagged in the front.

"Shush Lachlan, you're worse when Rob's here." I reprimanded, Jake cutting off my next retort with another kiss. I sighed happily.

I was just glad to be back together.

---------------------------------------------------

Both Jake and I could hear Lachlan raging upstairs as he streamed but we paid no mind to him, more worried about each other. I was lying on my stomach on top of my boyfriend, head tucked to his shoulder, both of our heads twisted towards the television where a movie, I couldn't be bothered to work out what, was playing. I honestly don't think Jake was paying attention either because he was playing with my hair with one hand, squeezing my hip with the other, still pressing kisses all over my face.

This, this was the thing I missed the most. The closeness, the kisses, his hands squeezing me. His smell and his words. I hated being apart from him and I knew he felt the same, which is why we tried to limit that time as much as possible. I sighed happily.

"Someone's happy." Jake said softly, although he sounded blissful and peaceful too.

"Sleepy too." I mumbled, pressing my nose into his neck.

Jake's hand pulled away from my hair and this time they both secured themselves around my waist, crossing over my back. He peppered my face with more kisses though, soft, slow kisses that made me sigh again and close my eyes, close to falling asleep.

"Do you wanna head up to bed?" He whispered, yawning a little. "I know it's early but we're both tired."

"Jetlag?" I questioned, and he nodded. "Yeah. Bed sounds good."

He had to help me up off him and one arm stayed around my waist as we walked up the stairs. I paused as we passed Lachlan's office, poking my head around the door. He was no longer streaming, sitting back in his chair, arms stretched above his head.

"We're going to bed." I said quietly, catching his attention.

"Alright." He yawned. "I'll lock up and probably go to bed too. See you in the morning."

I gave him a nod and turned back to Jake, stumbling into my bedroom. We fell onto my bed and I crawled under the covers, closely followed by him. His hand fit perfectly into mine.

"I'm so glad we're back together." He whispered, shuffling closer. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." I mumbled, smiling. "And I love you so much."