Chapter Twenty Three

"So, whatcha gonna be?" Astra asks. She pokes my side.

"I'm being the same thing my mother was when She was in the selection," I explain. "How about you?" I ask.

"I can't believe I didn't know that. We need to talk more. Anyways, I want to keep it a secret. You can't know until tonight," she says. I roll my eyes and kick her from my position on the couch in the lady's room.

"Fine. Keep your secrets," I complain. She sticks out her tongue and stretches out her legs, laying them across mine. She reaches behind her and picks up a magazine from the end table.

I flip through the television channels until I find something to watch. I pick a movie that I haven't seen. I lose interest quickly, though, and study the cover of the magazine Astra is reading. Suddenly, she jumps up and squeals.

"Astra! What is it?" I ask. She shoves the magazine in my face. Pictures from the photo shoot occupy the page. I take it from her and flip through. About a dozen pages have pictures of me and the guys.

"This is so exciting!" she squeals. I roll my eyes.

"Astra, it isn't that exciting. I've done this kind of stuff my whole life," I explain.

"Celia, this isn't just a photo shoot with your family! This is a photo shoot with five bachelors. And one of them happens to be your future husband!" she exclaims. I laugh at her excitement.

She flips through the pictures and stops on one. She turns it around so I can see. In it, I lay on top of the pumpkin. I'm looking down at Flynn, who is wearing a superman costume, with a smirk on my face. Flynn looks back up at me with his eyebrows raised and a cheesy grin on his face.

"This one is my favorite," she says. She sticks her tongue out at me and I reply the gesture.

"I hate you," I say. Astra rolls her eyes.

"Which is exactly why you love me," she replies.

"That makes no sense," I state. She shrugs. I hop up and pull her long with me. "Come on, lets go get ready," I say.
I hope you all enjoyed this. The Halloween party is in the next chapter. I'll try to update tomorrow but I have to update my Divergent story first. Please comment and vote.

Halloween costume ideas are still needed!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.