Chapter Twenty-Two.

Finn

Yesterday was a fucking dream. Getting second in the Breakaway Relay and third in the Fastest Skater was more than I had hoped for. I worked so hard on my shots for the breakaway and drilled that play over and over for weeks and weeks on end. I was so nervous when I got to the blue line that I had to take a second to center myself.

And I was terrified for the Fastest Skater. I didn't want to do it. All I could think about was losing an edge and gliding into the boards. I would of gotten up and laughed it off like it was nothing but I would of been so fucking embarrassed. My time when practicing had been over 15 seconds consistently, but I somehow got it done in 13.7 on the day. I'm just going to say it was adrenaline and the crowd. I laugh lightly to myself and roll my eyes at the comment Casey made when I got back to the bench. Hopefully Avery likes it fast. I shoved him so hard he nearly fell over on his skates, and he's usually like a brick wall.

Holy shit. And then last night.

When I went to her room last night, that was the last thing I expected to happen. Sure, I was amped and thought maybe we'd go a little further the we had before, but that? How could I of been prepared for that?

It was because she called me 'baby'. That's what started it all. As soon as the word left her mouth, her voice raspier than usual, it was over for me. And then she started talking about how she gets to come home to me at night and there was no going back. I needed her. I needed her and I'd like to think that she needed me.

Trust. It's one of the things I value the most in this life. Having trust in people, but most importantly, people having trust in me. The amount of trust we had for each other last night made me feel complete. The way she trusted me, even when I took my briefs off like a horny 16 year old. She trusted that I wouldn't take advantage of her. And I never, ever would.

The way she looked at me made me spiral. With her eyes wide and curious, so full of passion and lust. She looked innocent yet sinful at the same time and I don't understand how. But that's my Avery. Everyone would think that she's just a normal, maybe even a little bit of a pristine girl but oh, no. The second she followed me into the bathroom and got on her knees, I knew that the layers to this woman are infinite and it's going to take me years to get through all of them.

I was not expecting that either, by the way. When I felt myself get too close, I debated on finishing there on the bed but I knew I couldn't. I didn't want to put her through that, not on her first time being intimate with someone. But she followed me. She had a devilish look in her eye as she went down on me and bit her lip and gave me a picture I would never forget.

And then her moans, my God. Her moans and whimpers could of sent me over the edge alone. The way she was looking at me when I was borderline devouring her was the icing on the cake. She tasted so good and she reacted so perfectly. All I wanted to do was tell her but I held back, not wanting to scare her or make her uncomfortable. By the time she was done, I was already past the line for the second time. She didn't know that though, and she still doesn't. She doesn't know that when I went to shower, I got off at the thought of her again.

I've never been the possessive type, but I can't help but feel pride in the fact that those noises and reactions are for my eyes and ears only. I'm the only one who's going to hear or see her like that and that's the way I want it. I'm her first and hopefully, I'll be her last.

I wish we got to lay in bed longer this morning, but I had to get to the arena early for press. Today is the last day of the All-Stars and I think it's safe to say that this has been the best weekend of my life. There is nothing the can top it or that I would change. Tonight is the last night in Toronto and luckily, the day here ends pretty early so I have some things planned for Avery and I.