Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us

This chapter is dedicated to @moollybee. Happy Belated Birthday, girlie! 

I'm sorry it took me a few days to get this written, but I hope you all enjoy it!

...

The next morning starts with the two lovers wrapped around each other and loud shouting from several floors below. It sounds like the rest of the wedding party has arrived, yet all Taehyung cares about in his half-awake mind is the feeling of Jungkook's warm arms engulfing his thin frame, and the boy's bare torso pressed beneath him. Taehyung's eyes flutter open with a soft groan, listening to the friend's cheering and laughing and screaming down below.

"They need to shut up..." Jungkook grumbles, causing Taehyung to laugh lightly. That sound brings a smile to Jungkook's sleepy lips and the boy opens his tired eyes. They meet Taehyung's sweet gaze and his smile widens even more, "I could get used to this view..." Jungkook adds his smooth words causing Taehyung to blush softly.

"Did you have to carry me to bed again...?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook nods, "Thank you...that is seriously impressive," Jungkook laughs and shrugs, moving one of his large hands lazily up and down Taehyung's back, the baggy shirt slightly moving with it.

"You're light and easy to carry. I really didn't mind it," he exclaims while rubbing his eyes. Taehyung notices how tired Jungkook looks even though they just woke up, and he gently reaches up and taps his fingers on Jungkook's chest. Jungkook looks down at Taehyung, cocking a brow curiously.

"Are you okay...?" Taehyung softly questions and Jungkook hesitates. He wants to tell Taehyung about all he knows. He wants to warn the boy about his crazy family and all that he heard the night before. But he doesn't know all the details, and worrying Taehyung prematurely is something he really doesn't want to do. So instead, he just smiles and gives Taehyung a soft squeeze.

"I'm fine. Just need some coffee. Or tea. I'm not fully awake yet," Jungkook says with a light laugh and Taehyung hums in agreement.

"I know...I'm surprised with how loud and rowdy everyone is this morning since most of them were drunk as all hell last night..." Taehyung mumbles resting his head against Jungkook's chest. The boy can hear Jungkook's heartbeat start racing in his chest and can feel his hands roam over Taehyung's torso softly. It is a gentle caress that has tremors moving through the blond's body.

"Let's just stay here for a bit...I don't want to get up yet..." Jungkook says and Taehyung smiles and nods, his cheek moving along Jungkook's bare chest.

"I'm totally okay with that..." he murmurs, his bright eyes fluttering closed as he comfortingly listens to Jungkook's heartbeat and feels his warm arms hold him so close to the other's body. Jungkook sighs contentedly, his tired eyes closing as Taehyung settles in against him. He will have to tell him soon...he knows that, but right now he wants to keep the blond boy happy and smiling and confident as best he can. And if that means he can't tell him yet what he heard from Ann Marie, then so be it. The two lapse into another hour of silent, comfortable, sleeping, ignoring the chaos of the wedding party outside of this room. In here, they can comfortably be together without any concern for their future or for the drama that may be going on beyond that wooden door. Their sanctuary is ruined when there's a knock at the door. A soft one at first that soon gets louder.

"Who is it...?" Taehyung groans, his eyes still closed and body still comfortably engulfed in Jungkook's arms.

"It's your grandma, dear, are you awake?" Ann Marie shouts through the door, and Taehyung instantly sits up. As does Jungkook. He sleepily rubs his eyes, going for a t-shirt and the door, opening it once his body is covered by the thin white cotton shirt. Ann Marie looks over both their disheveled states and smirks softly, "I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?" she teases as she steps inside, her lithe body wrapped in a pristine long-sleeved dress and perfect heels. Taehyung blushes brightly while Jungkook smirks.